+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Today's Pistons v. '95-96 Bulls

Quote Originally Posted by CM Kilo
    Only chance I think the Pistons would have is with Rodman on Rasheed, because he'd piss off Rasheed to no end and a pissed off Rasheed is a dominant Rasheed.
    ^That and Billups. He would have to be very aggressive taking the ball to the hole and draw fouls. The Bulls didn't have any shot blocking big men, so you'd have to attack them off the dribble.

Prince would get killed by Jordan though, and Pippen could post up RIP too. We'd be in trouble on the wings for sure, so we'd have to really milk our advantages (Sheed and Billups) to compensate.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Re: Today's Pistons v. '95-96 Bulls

Even though the pistons are the class of the league right now I would take the 96 Bulls over Detroit in a series in today's NBA or yesterday's. The rule differences would be a wash just like they were for the pistons once they got used to them last year. The sideshow matchups of sheed v pippen and ben v rodman would be compelling but not decisive.

Jordan could turn gatorade to wine and walk on water. In the final analysis he'd be the only matchup that mattered and at the peak of his championship form the man could simply not be denied. Like the pistons, the bulls defense was more than capable of generating a stop when they needed one and in crunch time Jordan takes the mr. big shot title away from Chauncey and slaps him with it.

MJ > Chuck Norris > Pistons.

Pippen and MJ were considered pretty good defenders
    They were GREAT defenders, both were on All NBA Defensive first team numerous times. I gotta believe Pippen woulda been on Rip...

Pistons in 7.

Oh man would I just fucking love to see a series between these 2 teams. 2 superheavyweights going at it.

While I see our Wings having trouble keeping up, I do think Big Ben and Rasheed in the paint would ease a little bit of that trouble.

Gentlemen, we haven't even won the Championship this year, let alone last year. Let's talk about this in June.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    Gentlemen, we haven't even won the Championship this year, let alone last year. Let's talk about this in June.
    Hey, worked for USC when ESPN pitted this year's team against all the other best college teams ever.....

oh wait

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    That's a tired old bit. People have been saying that since pre-season... don't talk about this, it's too early to talk about that... hell, don't talk about anything except how worried we are that everything will go horribly wrong... until june.

Thanks, but no thanks. I think I can manage this discussion without letting it affect my play on the court or my focus in practice or taking my opponents lightly. Oh, wait, that's right, we're not players... you almost made me forget.

once upon a time i was falling in love, now i'm fucking falling apart
    Let's not get too far. That team back then was unbelievable, and they played unreal basketball for 48 minutes (unlike these Pistons).

And Jordan would burn anyone we put on him, sorry.

-ojay!

The different hand checking rules would have turned Jordan into Wilt.

If Kobe can go for 40 on the regular Jordan (from back then) would get 50.

There is no doubt in my mind we could give them some trouble, but winning a 7 game series?

Those Bulls swept stormed through the playoffs and it took Shawn Kemp being on some other worldly drugs (and injuries) to make the Finals interesting.

We went 7 games against Miami with Shaq and Wade and a bunch of scrubs.

Those Bulls swept Orlando with Shaq and Penny and a bunch of scrubs.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

+ Reply to Thread