+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is the Super Bowl in Detroit?

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by geerussell
    Detroit is getting the super bowl for the same reason we got the all star game-- build a shiny new stadium and the league will throw you a bone.
    and why shouldnt they? its not an unprecedented thing. state of the art stadiums and arenas get the big games. Ford Field is possibly the best indoor football stadium ever. And i say that as a non-pussycat fan.

I say MOLA1 should just give his snoop tickets to UC and fuck up his plans to humbug the whole thing.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

I'd love to go but their isn't any free food there.

Why shouldn't the Super Bowl be in Detroit?

it should be in cold weather cities too, IMO. Detroit just happens to be the only one with a nice new dome (the Metrodome isn't that nice). If Chicago had a dome, they'd have one long before us. Their city would be a great host. Why should the superbowl always be in a warm place? If people are too big of pussies to wear something warm they shouldn't be going to an event based around a manly sport like football.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

good posts varsity (and article).

naysayers: have you spent time down town lately?

bars have opened up. its become cosmetically beautiful (if only because of the superbowl). its nice.

i've been as down on detroit as anyone, and still think its grossly mismanaged.

but as a detroiter, how can you say the superbowl shouldnt be here?

i guarantee detroit will have glowing reviews by the end of the week, and from there...?

what detroit needs more than anything else is a spark. thats what this superbowl could mean. maybe we get another superbowl in 10 years. maybe, if only in metro detroit, or the midwest, people say 'i'd like to go visit detroit'. if downtown comes back, detroit comes back. whatever. it didnt take much for cleveland.

some of you act like detroit aint shit. im not old, but i know detroit was once one of the top cities in the US. we have alot going for us (cars, music, diversity).

i dont know. im rambling. its just i see alot of good things happening, and i think some of you have a real bullshit attitude.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

So Diddy, when are you going to move to Detroit? Its nice to get on 75, head south, go to the Wings game, and get the hell out of there. I don't see anyone moving in. Just more hot air.

i don't get the negativity here.

even if the Super Bowl points Detroit in the right direction for revitalization, why the heck not?

i was listening to jim rome yesterday and jay stewart, the comedian, was absolutely gushing about how nice Detroit was. he was ragging on jacksonville and he said he was having a tremendous time. of course, that's the view of only one person, but that's a start.

i plan on living in michigan for a while and i'd love it if Detroit became a downtown area to be proud of. i have gone downtown (detroit institute of arts, detroit science center, tigers games, etc) and my parents have owned businesses in detroit. i think the super bowl in detroit's a fantastic thing.

+ Reply to Thread