+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston/Minnesota blockbuster!

This is a great trade for both teams.

Boston gets outside shooting and clears up some pt up front, while Minnesota gets more athletic with the addition of Davis. KG should be able to make up for Blount's defensive weaknesses. And, Banks could be a future starter for them at PG.

McHale doesn't have a clue on how to run a team.

once upon a time i was falling in love, now i'm fucking falling apart
    Talent-wise, this trade was apples for oranges.

-ojay!

Wally isn't going to do shit in boston. He's a spot up shooter, but they have no bigs on the celtics and their 1's aren't anything special. All I can see him doing is getting in pierce's way.

I'm curious to see how Davis plays with Garnett. as long as he has his ego and sanity in line he'll be so very productive.

I like this trade alot for the wolves, but i don't understand why Boston would do it.
    k

Minny wins this deal IMO

They needed someone who could create their own shot. That's why they were so successful with Sprewell and Cassell. It meant KG didn't have to do everything. Now they have Davis to handle that role. Having the ball in his hands to create and drive the lane? He'll love it. Playing with KG just makes it that much sweeter.

Blount is better or equal to Kandi, even if his contract is fucked up. I remember earlier this season he was playing quite well and if he can be productive for the Wolves they'll be happy. They don't need 10 and 10, just a presence so again KG doesn't have to carry so much of the load.

Banks? A decent defender at PG and about to become a free agent. If he shows anything the Wolves can keep him - if not they'll let him walk. No big deal there, unless of course he's decent. Then they got a decent player basically for free.

The rest is just spare parts for the Wolves (2 seconds and Reed) but it's not like they gave up much to get this deal done.

Boston took the biggest risk here IMO. If Wally doesn't thrive in their offense it's a very fucked up deal. Kandi is expiring so they're likely to dump him after the season to save money.

The future first could be as early as 2006 which is a pretty bland Draft from all reports. I know they always say that at this time of year but I'm reading reports about there being little difference between a player likely to be drafted #10 and one drafted #25 - that ain't good.

So, it all comes down to Wally for Boston. If he can get his shit together and gel with Pierce then they get something decent in the deal. If he's his usual self then they fucked up IMO.

Quick Breakdown:

Davis = or > Wally
    Blount = or > Kandi
    Reed = Jones
    2 seconds = First

Banks is free.

It's not the best deal McHale could have done, but it's not crap either.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Well, I just found out about the first rounder:

From Ainge himself:

We really didn't want a pick in this years draft. We wanted a pick in the 08 draft. We analyzed talent in the draft this year and thats where the talent is, 08. Its lottery protected in 08, protected to 5 in 09, and top 3 protected after that

http://celticsblog.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3458
    And apparently the Wolves owe a first to the Clippers!

They dealt Cassell and a first for Jaric? Fuck, that was stupid
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

I agree with Pharoah.

Davis is better than Wally and Blount is better than Kandi.

Blog Entries
    I read something this morning that said that the Celtics will most likely try to move Kandi or buy him out.

They don't want him around, and they want to give all the PT to Perkins & Jefferson.

I'd guess buy him out, he's a tough guy to move.
    Find a new slant.

Why bother to buy him out? If he's expiring, just leave him on the bench in case of injury. Suppose Walley works out and you make the playoffs. You might want Kandi just to waste fouls on Shaq. Then don't resign him.

Unless you can trade him for something, then you might as well do it.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Maybe because he's one of the biggest cancers in the NBA and they don't want him influencing all of their young players?

Anybody hear what Bill Walton said about this deal? I'll try and find his quote.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread