+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Doing your taxes

Quote Originally Posted by theMUHMEshow
    I had a part time job over the summer that did not take taxes out of my paycheck and I they said I would just have to pay them back when I do my taxes. I have no clue what I am going to have to do with this...do you guys think that I will be able to use TT?
    Yeah it shouldn't be a problem. You will just report your earnings for the whole year and it (the program and the government) will see you haven't paid taxes on part of it, whatever you earned from the DJ thing, and they will bill you for them now. Its not uncommon. (But I hoped you put some of the pay check away as depending on what you made for the year you might owe).
    STEW BEEF!

Of course I didnt put anything away...and of course I am going to be financially fucked when I see how much I have to pay back.

I hate my life

Did you make a lot of money? If you made under $2000, I don't think you have to file taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    He's probably doing it illegally, then.

He does them "on the side", as I said.

He's a CFP, if that helps clarify.
    Me thinks someone should be checking their pm's real soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I do so love a train wreck.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    People love train wrecks.

I had a part time job over the summer that did not take taxes out of my paycheck and I they said I would just have to pay them back when I do my taxes. I have no clue what I am going to have to do with this...do you guys think that I will be able to use TT?
    no, you'll have to file the form that is used only for that purpose. I want to say it's a 1095 form, but I'm not sure of the number. It's pretty easy to do. My wife had to do that one year when she did medical records for a law firm. they paid her by the job and she was not on the payroll as an employee, so she had to report the taxes every quarter. You can also wait till the end of the year to report them, but it depends on how much you made.

At any rate, get that form, figure out how much you made, and then you just apply a certain % to the amount based on a chart they have. It should all be online and pretty easy. Don't waste your 40 bucks on TT, unless you have incomes besides that one.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    no, you'll have to file the form that is used only for that purpose. I want to say it's a 1095 form, but I'm not sure of the number.

I never had to fill out a 1099 when I got paid without taxes being taken out. I had other jobs at the time (which is what I assumed Muhme's case was) and just filled my total income for the year.
    STEW BEEF!

the 1099 is just for when you have to file quarterly I think. You can just do the 1040 EZ at the end if the year like fool is saying.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Is it true that I dont have to file them if I made under 2g? I thought it was under 600. I am probably right about 2g's though.

So...my best best is to just combine what I made (that was not taxed) with what I made that was taxed and file them all together, according to fool?

So...my best best is to just combine what I made (that was not taxed) with what I made that was taxed and file them all together, according to fool?
    Yes, just file the 1040. On the form it tells you the amount you have to make to file it I think. Once you put in your income I think it says whether you should even be filing. I think it depends on whether you are single, a dependant, etc. There are different amounts for each of those. Just go to the IRS site and download the 1040 EZ form/instructions fast.

+ Reply to Thread