Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Doing your taxes

Blog Entries
    He's probably doing it illegally, then.

He does them "on the side", as I said.

He's a CFP, if that helps clarify.
    Find a new slant.

Well, I'll have to see how TT does with my deductions. I've never used a tax company, but my guess is that TT will find as many deductions as a tax company would too.

Anyone used both?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Well, I'll have to see how TT does with my deductions. I've never used a tax company, but my guess is that TT will find as many deductions as a tax company would too.

Anyone used both?
    I have used both (H & R Block, TT online) and the only difference I noticed was how much more I had to pay H & R Block to do the exact same shit that TT did.

Quote Originally Posted by TK
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris

Anyone used both?
    I have used both (H & R Block, TT online) and the only difference I noticed was how much more I had to pay H & R Block to do the exact same shit that TT did.
    Agreed. I paid one year just to see if there was a differance and I will gladly do my own from now on.

Famous Bill Walton quotes:

"Shaq's arrogance is an insult to people who think."

Bill: "What, Phoenix? Are they still paying you?"
    Jalen: "Yeah, under the table."
    Bill: "Yeah, just like at Michigan."

“Oh my, Kobe is really putting on a show out there. He’s making Ray Allen look like a sixth grader!”

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    He's probably doing it illegally, then.

He does them "on the side", as I said.

He's a CFP, if that helps clarify.
    Hope it didn't sound crass. I would watch out. If he's not doing this ethically you wonder. In this day and age of regulatory compliance, it's not something one should mess around, especially someone who vowed to uphold the CFP fiduciary standard.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko
    Hope it didn't sound crass. I would watch out. If he's not doing this ethically you wonder. In this day and age of regulatory compliance, it's not something one should mess around, especially someone who vowed to uphold the CFP fiduciary standard.
    Crass? Naw, you're fine.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep an eye on him.
    Find a new slant.

LOL! I do one of those ez forms because I don't have any money.

I had a part time job over the summer that did not take taxes out of my paycheck and I they said I would just have to pay them back when I do my taxes. I have no clue what I am going to have to do with this...do you guys think that I will be able to use TT?

What kind of job is this? Seems retarded that a business would do that.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleCliffy
    What kind of job is this? Seems retarded that a business would do that.
    yeah...no shit huh... it was a DJ company...such fucking bullshit

+ Reply to Thread