+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Doing your taxes

Threaded View

Doing your taxes

Taxes are such a pain in the ass to me. I have had a guy with Turbo Tax do them for me the last couple of years, however this year that is not an option. Is it possible to get a copy of TT online somewhere? I just hate even thinking about doing this fucking things

Re: Doing your taxes

Quote Originally Posted by theMUHMEshow
    Taxes are such a pain in the ass to me. I have had a guy with Turbo Tax do them for me the last couple of years, however this year that is not an option. Is it possible to get a copy of TT online somewhere? I just hate even thinking about doing this fucking things
    turbotax.com

It'll walk you through everything. It's a good option if you just have a W-2 and don't have a small business or anything like that.

I just by TT every year. It's worth the 40 bucks to get as much as you can out of it. If you are not a homeowner, don't own a business or anything and just need to do your wages basically just do it yourself. It's easy to do the 1040 EZ if you have nothing else to report.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    I just by TT every year. It's worth the 40 bucks to get as much as you can out of it. If you are not a homeowner, don't own a business or anything and just need to do your wages basically just do it yourself. It's easy to do the 1040 EZ if you have nothing else to report.
    You actually go out and buy the software? Why not just do it online and pay $30?

Never tried that. Do you get the delux for that price? If so, that would save me 10 bucks (too late now). I'll have to do that next time. I just had best buy discounts I had to use up so I got it there.

Just looked, it's 40 bucks there too. I wouldn't have saved any money (just the materials to make the package).
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Never tried that. Do you get the delux for that price? If so, that would save me 10 bucks (too late now). I'll have to do that next time. I just had best buy discounts I had to use up so I got it there.

Just looked, it's 40 bucks there too. I wouldn't have saved any money (just the materials to make the package).
    Don't know exactly what version it is. I use it only because I have one W2 and some basic deductions. It's nice because it stores all your info from year to year.

Blog Entries
    Chris,

If you just got married and own a house now, you really should be hiring someone to do your taxes for you.

Our financial planner does ours on the side for $100, but we used to do H&R Block for around that much.

We pay the $100 gladly, because somebody that has our best interests in mind doing them is worth it to us.

We've paid as much as $300 to have them done professionally before.
    Find a new slant.

i need the delux, which allows me to deduct interest on my house payments, and school loans. They make a huge difference (i've been told a grand or more) I'm told, this is my first year of deducting that since we bought our house in december 2004.

i need the delux, which allows me to deduct interest on my house payments, and school loans.
    They do that in the online version.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Chris,

If you just got married and own a house now, you really should be hiring someone to do your taxes for you.

Our financial planner does ours on the side for $100, but we used to do H&R Block for around that much.

We pay the $100 gladly, because somebody that has our best interests in mind doing them is worth it to us.

We've paid as much as $300 to have them done professionally before.

A financial planner is not legally allowed to do taxes. So either you are not with a real Financial planner, and just someone who uses the moniker in the insurance industry or well he's doing something illegal.

+ Reply to Thread