+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 72 wins is not realistic

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    You guys are heartless bastards. I'm typing my shit in word and copy and pasting form now on :blob:
    http://blog.searchenginewatch.com/blog/050216-124431

+ Spelling Correction
    A new button on the toolbar allows you to use Google's spell check technology on any web form. For example, you can now spell check your work if you use many web-based e-mail service like Gmail. (-: When you're ready to spell check, click the "check" button on the toolbar. If an incorrect spelling is detected, the word will be highlighted in red. Click the link and corrected spellings are suggested. It's also possible at this point to edit the word (a box will surround the term) or add the term to your personal spell check dictionary. If you select a corrected spelling, the term turns green and you're on to the next word. Click again to turn off the spell check. This feature should get the Google "as an operating system" people talking.

The only way I see them hitting 70+ is if SA pushes them to it. If late march comes around and detroit has a 6 or 7 game lead, the bench will get more run and some games will likely get dropped against opponents fighting for their playoff lives.

Even if the Evans and Delfino we saw against boston was a legitimate glimpse of the future and the bench continues to improve and gets more consistent, it'll be tough to get wins against desperate teams in april if there's nothing really at stake for detroit.

Gordon, Villa, RIP,Stuckey-who needs defense anyway?
    "If these guys were serious, they could win a lot of games," said Ron Harper, a member of the '96 Bulls and now a member of Flip Saunders' staff. "I ain't saying 70, but they could win a lot, if they were serious."

Huh?

"They're not serious," Harper said. "They're the most laid-back group of guys I've ever been around. They would drive (Michael Jordan), Scottie (Pippen) and Phil Jackson crazy. If they played hard every night, you know how good they'd be? They'd blow the league away."

gotta love Harper trying to challenge the guys by quotes like this !

I agree with Harper. Our guys seemingly don't really give a shit right now. Chauncey screws up a last possession basket that would have won a game for us and he's laughing because he almost made a circus shot after the play broke down.

I'm all for having fun playing basketball, but I only hope these guys can flip the switch come crunch time. Their mentailty might help them through these dogs days of the season, however come play-off time I hope they knucke down something fierce.

I wouldn't mind some tight games as well - to let them remember how it feels in high pressure situations. If we run roughshod to the top seed I only hope we don't get a good team(with previous injury issues) in the first round because we could be primed for an upset.
    In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

I think the problem is not many teams are "challenging" them and they are having some fun.

Notice how well they play against SA and Miami, two teams who are supposed to be a challenge. They take their game to another level when they play these buttholes.

Art
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

Welcome to Detroit...Oregon. Home to Detroit Lake and nothing else.
    There are some killer 4-game stretches on that schedule but there is no reason to believe that the Pistons cannot come out with 4 wins in each one.
    [img]i17.tinypic.com/5z1kqq8.gif[/img]

harper's just giving them shit.

if the pistons went out with the mentality that they have to win everygame, they'd have cracked by now. the fact that they dont care is probably their biggest strength.

as for me, if the pistons had like 4 or 5 more losses right now, i'd probably be hardly following the pisons at all. regular season doesnt mean anything once the playoffs begin. but chasing the bulls record is pretty damn entertaining, and i think it will mean alot if we get 70+ wins and win a championship.

Not that I care but with this loss, we can't break the Bulls record. The best we can do is tie their record.

+ Reply to Thread