+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Olympics

1 long distance running: men running around a track making left hand turns = nascar without speed, crashes or beer

2 SPEED WALKING ?????

3 is table tennis an olympic sport maybe badminton?

come on winter is a quality event

moguls and aerial skiing
    the half pipe?
    HOCKEY
    HOCKEY
    HOCKEY

why is olympic basketball so special
    its just the NBA allstar team pounding lowly 5'5 team china
    Kelly Youngblood: Don't take any shit from them Canucks. To them,
    you're just another wetback, crossing the border to play their game.
    Dean Youngblood: They'll never catch me!
    Kelly Youngblood: Oh, they'll catch you.

Nobody is saying their isn't a lot of bullshit in the summer olympics but the spirit of the games was created for the summer in ancient Greece. It was wrestling, track, boxing. Every country can participate in the summer. Do you think anyone in Saudia Arabia plays hockey? Or Greece, or Spain, or Portugal where it never snows. What about Austrailia or south america or africa or Mexico?

The winter olympics should not even take place. Nobody cares about hockey anyway. 3 people watch it and 2 of them are in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleCliffy
    Nobody is saying their isn't a lot of bullshit in the summer olympics but the spirit of the games was created for the summer in ancient Greece. It was wrestling, track, boxing. Every country can participate in the summer. Do you think anyone in Saudia Arabia plays hockey? Or Greece, or Spain, or Portugal where it never snows. What about Austrailia or south america or africa or Mexico?

The winter olympics should not even take place. Nobody cares about hockey anyway. 3 people watch it and 2 of them are in Canada.
    :thumbleft:

Also f the Olympics were every 4 years instead of 2, there would be a lot more excitment.

Quote Originally Posted by H1Man
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleCliffy

:thumbleft:

Also f the Olympics were every 4 years instead of 2, there would be a lot more excitment.
    Interesting point. Do you think the Olympics are oversaturated? It seems that ever since we went to the every 2 year format, we've lost interest.

You can't discount Olympic hockey though. The Miracle on Ice is enough reason for Olympic hockey to be permanently ensconced in America's hearts.

I think it is because there are no people like Carl Lewis, Micheal Johnson, Dream Team, Dan vs Dave, etc.

It is a bunch of no names to us or 3rd rate basketball players (only 3rd rate when comparing who should be going).

Winter is better because there is more X game stuff on their and bobsledding and skeleton are the shit and if in track and field you could wipe out half your group as in speed skating, man that would be fun to see.
    Art
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

Welcome to Detroit...Oregon. Home to Detroit Lake and nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shugadaddi
    Are you knocking hockey? WTF, Cliffy? The Winter Olympics have WAAAAAAY more exciting sports than the Summer Olympics. Here are a few:

1.) Biathalon - cross country skiing combined with gun play. What's not to like about this?

2.) Any luge-ing or bobsledding - Who are the crazy motherfuckers that do this? ....and where does one even practice these events?

3.) Ski-jumping - C'mon....the crazy motherfuckers that don't make it on the bobsledding team are the crazy motherfuckers that ski jump.

4.) Curling - To say you hate curling is to say that you hate Canadiens. You don't hate Canadiens....do you?

What do we have in the Summer Olympics? Lot's of running and swimming *yawn*....gymnastics....but if you actually like gymnastics then you probably like figure skating as well...this is a push. Oh, and let's not forget fencing.
    I personally love watching curling (shut the fuck up), bobsledding, and skeleton (basically, bobsledding on a glorified ironing board without protection at 80 mph). Snowboarding is all right, but the broadcasts make it suck.

I personally am patiently excited about the Turin games and hope that, once again, America kicks everyone else's asses and that there are more African guys in skiing events.
    [img]i17.tinypic.com/5z1kqq8.gif[/img]

Picked up the paper. Top of sports section: 21 days to Olympics. I looked at my friend Joe and said "Already?".

The summer games have this huge lead in, while the winter games kind of sneak up on you. The summer games are more illustrious, and have more history behind them (well, U.S. history, that is). The summer games have Thorpe, Didrikson, Owens, Spitz, Jenner, USA basketball, Beeman, Decker, Lewis, boxing legends before they were legends, etc.

The winter games have the Lake Placid hockey team, a bunch of psycho and/or gay figure skaters, sports many of us have NEVER tried, and lots of snow. The enduring names, like Franz Klammer and that fat Italian skiier, are not as accessible as the foreigners of the summer sports.

Alberto Tonga. I think that's the fat Italian skiiers name. Didn't want to Google it.

Welcome to Detroit...Oregon. Home to Detroit Lake and nothing else.
    Alberto Tomba, denny.
    [img]i17.tinypic.com/5z1kqq8.gif[/img]

+ Reply to Thread