+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: iPod assistance needed

iPod assistance needed

I just bought a 30GB Video iPod. So far Ive gotten all my songs from my computer on there but now I want to get some videos for it. Is there a way for me to copy my DVD's onto my iPod? Or, does anyone have anyway to share some movies/videos with me?

Basically im iPod retarded and I would like to learn more. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Famous Bill Walton quotes:

"Shaq's arrogance is an insult to people who think."

Bill: "What, Phoenix? Are they still paying you?"
    Jalen: "Yeah, under the table."
    Bill: "Yeah, just like at Michigan."

“Oh my, Kobe is really putting on a show out there. He’s making Ray Allen look like a sixth grader!”

I don't have an iPod, but if I were you, I'd use a wonderful searching tool called "Google." Into the search box, I'd put "iPod movie tutorials" or something of the like. I'd stop being a bitch if I knew. If that were the case, I'd just tell you.

Re: iPod assistance needed

Quote Originally Posted by D's Nuts
    I just bought a 30GB Video iPod. So far Ive gotten all my songs from my computer on there but now I want to get some videos for it. Is there a way for me to copy my DVD's onto my iPod? Or, does anyone have anyway to share some movies/videos with me?

Basically im iPod retarded and I would like to learn more. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    it's going to require some work on your part, to rip your DVDs to your iPod.

if you have a Mac, i think this is a good tutorial:
    http://howto.diveintomark.org/ipod-dvd-ripping-guide/

otherwise, as e-ray said, prepare to do some reading up:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=dvd+to+ipod

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.

Re: iPod assistance needed

i'll pm you what you need since ipod and psp run off the exact same video files.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

If you have a Mac, give iSquint a shot. Just drag a video clip into iSquint and choose Optimize for iPod.

Quote Originally Posted by H1Man
    If you have a Mac, give iSquint a shot. Just drag a video clip into iSquint and choose Optimize for iPod.
    or this if thats not available.
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U93J9EDX

but if it is i say run with what h1man offered.
    ^

check out Handbrake to rip and encode into ipod format. although I have had trouble getting the video onto the ipod, because the handbrake encoder isnt right. So I used the afformentioned iSquint. Works great. Also, the new quicktime pro has updated converting ability for ipod video.

Quote Originally Posted by e-ray
    I don't have an iPod, but if I were you, I'd use a wonderful searching tool called "Google." Into the search box, I'd put "iPod movie tutorials" or something of the like. I'd stop being a bitch if I knew. If that were the case, I'd just tell you.

Man, thats kinda harsh. I would have thought with the great collective minds on this board, google wouldnt be needed. Ass.

Famous Bill Walton quotes:

"Shaq's arrogance is an insult to people who think."

Bill: "What, Phoenix? Are they still paying you?"
    Jalen: "Yeah, under the table."
    Bill: "Yeah, just like at Michigan."

“Oh my, Kobe is really putting on a show out there. He’s making Ray Allen look like a sixth grader!”

Quote Originally Posted by e-ray

Man, thats kinda harsh. I would have thought with the great collective minds on this board, google wouldnt be needed. Ass.
    he was playing with you...i think
    ^

Return it and get a creative MP3 player (cheaper for the same size, plus a tuner built in), then I can help you D's.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread