Thread: The official Steeler fan thread

Blog Entries
    I wonder if Cowher is going to bail?
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2672146

Cowher doesn't plan to wear suit on sidelines

ESPN.com news services

PITTSBURGH -- There's one member of the Pittsburgh Steelers who will dress for Sunday's game in Baltimore, but won't suit up, so to speak.

Coach Bill Cowher says he has no plans to wear a suit on the sidelines, even though San Francisco 49ers coach Mike Nolan wore a suit Sunday and Jacksonville Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio wore a suit Monday night in the Jaguars' win over the New York Giants.

"Not me," Cowher told reportrers Tuesday. "I don't even wear one to church."

The NFL tightly controls what coaches wear because they want only league-licensed apparel. Nolan and Del Rio had to get special permission to wear specially made suits by Reebok -- an NFL sponsor.

Cowher doesn't plan to join them, saying "I just wear what they put in my locker."

Hall of Fame coaches Tom Landry, Vince Lombardi and George Halas all wore suits on the sidelines.

Blog Entries
    A terrible year might just get worse.

My moles are telling me (Rob Parker sold me a few he wasn't using) that Bill Cowher is a serious candidate to take over the NC State program, which now has a vacancy.

Cowher recently (before the season) bought a house in the Carolinas and moved his family there from Pittsburgh. Cowher is a NC St. alum, and was captain of the football team when he played there.

Possible replacements for the Steelers? My early thoughts went to Ken Whisenhunt, Mike Mularkey, Dick LeBeau or maybe even Jeff Fisher (Tennesee has a $5 million option on him that they need to exercise by 12/31/06).

At this point, I'd really be surprised if Cowher is back next year.
    Last edited by Glenn; 11-28-2006 at 08:33 AM.

That would be great news for NC State, since he would likely be able to build that program to a powerhouse.
    As for the Steelers, while I'm not a fan it just wouldn't seem like Sunday without seeing Cowher in Black and Yellow.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Just kickin' back on the seven seas of smoothness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    A terrible year might just get worse.

My moles are telling me (Rob Parker sold me a few he wasn't using) that Bill Cowher is a serious candidate to take over the NC State program, which now has a vacancy.

Cowher recently (before the season) bought a house in the Carolinas and moved his family there from Pittsburgh. Cowher is a NC St. alum, and was captain of the football team when he played there.

Possible replacements for the Steelers? My early thoughts went to Ken Whisenhunt, Mike Mularkey, Dick LeBeau or maybe even Jeff Fisher (Tennesee has a $5 million option on him that they need to exercise by 12/31/06).

At this point, I'd really be surprised if Cowher is back next year.
    I think Cowher will be back next year. I don't think he would leave the team in this shape. As far as replacements to, I don't want an offensive guy running the team and Lebeau is too old. Fisher would be an interesting pick up. I haven't really been that big of a fan of his until last year. His team has been severely depleted over the last couple seasons, but they always play hard and always compete. I'm starting to really like him and his push broom 'stache.

Blog Entries
    Uh oh

Cowher will announce his plans after the Steelers/Bengals game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2708797
    Find a new slant.

Bengals fans can sit the F down now! Your team just took and dump and will be watching the playoffs from home.

Blog Entries
    Good god I hope they go with Whisenhunt and not Grimm.

Grimm is a big old boob.

I would hate having Grimm as the coach of my favorite team, HATE IT!!

Hell, the Lions didn't even want him.
    Find a new slant.

Yeah, I don't want any part of Grimm as the HC. I was really hoping the Titans would've done something stupid and not re-sign Fisher, but that didn't happen.

I would take Whisenhunt, though. At first I was for an offensive coach running the squad, but Whisenhunt is a "Steelers" kind of coach, so it doesn't matter.

+ Reply to Thread