+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 107
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: The official Steeler fan thread

Blog Entries
    This is the NFL forum, right?

I would say that discussions about the Super Bowl Champions would be more than fitting.

Thanks for patronizing this thread and adding to its legacy.

Back on topic, does anybody think Cowher will actually retire after the season?
    Last edited by Glenn; 08-29-2006 at 12:04 PM.

Just kickin' back on the seven seas of smoothness.
    I dont' think Cowher will retire after this season. I think he needs to win another Super Bowl before he retires.

Now, what I do believe, though, is that this will be Joey Porters last season in a Steeler uniform. As it should be.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bangpow
    Now, what I do believe, though, is that this will be Joey Porters last season in a Steeler uniform. As it should be.
    Bang, do you say this because of his play, his salary or his mouth?

I have to apologize, I thought his contract was up after this season, he's got one more year after this year.

However..

It has nothing to do with his mouth. It has everything to do with his production and the Steelers past history.

The Steelers are a LB factory. They've had no problem letting more productive guys like Jason Gildon and Gregg Lloyd go only to have some younger player step up in their place.

Heck, look at Kendrell Bell. They had no problem letting him go and Larry Foote came in and played as well as he ever did....when he was healthy.

I believe Porter is a bit overrated. I really think the Steelers will have someone waiting in the wings by the time Porters contract is up after next season.l
    Last edited by bangpow; 08-29-2006 at 02:39 PM.

Blog Entries
    I'm not sure if Fast Willie is a Super Bowl calibre running back or not, but he's all we've got.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2566555

Steelers' Parker cashes in with new four-year deal

By John Clayton
    ESPN.com

The Steelers rewarded starting halfback Willie Parker Thursday with a four-year, $13.6 million extension that included $3.75 million to sign.

In new money, the Parker deal is considered a three-year extension that totals $13.2 million and has him signed through 2009. He receives a $3.75 million signing bonus and keeps his $425,000 base salary. The Steelers can look it as a four-year deal worth $13.6 million while Parker looks at it as a three-year deal worth $13.2 million.

Parker was one of the great stories in 2005. An undrafted halfback out of North Carolina, Parker won the starting job and helped the Steelers win their fifth Super Bowl ring as an organization. The 5-foot-10, 209-pound Parker rushed for 1,202 yards on 255 carries and four touchdowns.

He was the Steelers' big play back and teamed up with Jerome Bettis in 2005 to give the Steelers a great one-two punch.

Bettis has since retired, and the Steelers are counting on Duce Staley to be team's big back. The Steelers are considering expanding Parker's role and maybe using him a little on third downs. Verron Haynes is the team's third down back, but Parker can give the Steelers some big-play run ability in passing situations.

Parker was an exclusive rights free agent with a salary of $425,000. He signed the one-year contract before the start of training camp with the hopes that the Steelers would reward him with long-term security.

I think Parker already proved that he can handle the load. My only gripe about him is that he's not the best at catching passes.

How do two Steeler fans justify their own thread? Can't you pillow-bitters just IM this crap to each other?

Glenn: "Big Ben has my heart"
    Bangpow: "Willie Parker is sooo cute ... mmm ... mwa!"
    Glenn: "Screw Randle El! Cower doesn't need a slot reciever, he's a genius!!111!!ONE!!"
    Banpow: "Don't you just love how cold steel gets in the winter..."
    Glenn:"Mmmmhmmmmmm"
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    How do two Steeler fans justify their own thread? Can't you pillow-bitters just IM this crap to each other?

Glenn: "Big Ben has my heart"
    Bangpow: "Willie Parker is sooo cute ... mmm ... mwa!"
    Glenn: "Screw Randle El! Cower doesn't need a slot reciever, he's a genius!!111!!ONE!!"
    Banpow: "Don't you just love how cold steel gets in the winter..."
    Glenn:"Mmmmhmmmmmm"
    Now, now. The Steelers are everything the Lions and their fans want their own team to be. From ownership all the way down to the practice squad.

See, the Lions aren't going to a Super Bowl anytime soon, so they got the next best thing this past January....a team to adopt and call their own.

I think Lions fans should be more appreciative of the Black 'n Gold!

Also, I'm fine with ARE leaving Pittsburgh. He doesn't deserve the amount of cash he's getting.

Blog Entries
    JS & Gecko are Steelers fans as well, and I'm sure there are more of us.

Why are you so concerned about this Fool? lol

If Gutz wants a Raider fan thread, that's fine too.

Can we change the name of this thread to "bangpow and Glenn talk Steelers because no one else cares due to the fact they are masochists and cheer for a team that has the audacity to wear Honolulu Blue and a have a man that has an IQ rivaling that of a 6 year old Downs-Syndrome kid running the team"?

Or you could just keep it I guess.
    Last edited by MoTown; 08-31-2006 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

+ Reply to Thread