+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me

Is it just me

....or is Super Bowl XL really going to suck?

Seattle/Carolina(or Chicago) vs Denver/Pittsburg

All five are boring as hell. Detroit is going to get jobbed.

It all depends on who is playing.

If it's Chicago and Pittsburgh, it is going to be boring as hell. But most of the other games should be competitive.

As long as it is called "Ford Field" the games there are going to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by the wrath of diddy
    As long as it is called "Ford Field" the games there are going to suck.
    :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by H1Man
    It all depends on who is playing.

If it's Chicago and Pittsburgh, it is going to be boring as hell. But most of the other games should be competitive.
    I disagree. I think the games that usually blow are the ones with the high power offenses against tough defenses. I think all four of the teams left will be great match ups because they all are hard hitting and defensive minded.

As far as economics go the farther people have to travel (eg. Seattle and Denver) the less likely people will stay for a long time, and spend more money. If they can drive up and stay longer they will spend more.

Another reason why Detroit should be hoping for a Pittsburgh/Chicago finale is that their fans will be used to Michigan winters(and their equivilants) and would thus much better enjoy the Winter Festival and such that Detroit is promotion along with the Superbowl.

If we ended up with a warm weather team, you would have never heard the end of their fans whining about the frigid cold and the visitors would hold the weather against the city. Pittsburgh and Chicago will nbot do that.

Seattle, Denver will think Detroit is friggin Baghdad and dirty as hell.
    In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by CM Kilo
    Another reason why Detroit should be hoping for a Pittsburgh/Chicago finale is that their fans will be used to Michigan winters(and their equivilants) and would thus much better enjoy the Winter Festival and such that Detroit is promotion along with the Superbowl.

If we ended up with a warm weather team, you would have never heard the end of their fans whining about the frigid cold and the visitors would hold the weather against the city. Pittsburgh and Chicago will nbot do that.

If Pittsburgh was in the Superbowl, I expect a lot of their fans to be at Ford Field. They have a lot of fans that travel to a lot of their games on the road and they also have a lot of marketable players (Big Ben, Bettis, Ward).

But can you imagine a defensive battle between Chicago and Pittsburgh?

Denver vs. Carolina will be the only matchup I would really wanna see.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    Denver vs. Carolina will be the only matchup I would really wanna see.
    Agreed.

If you're a Detroit resident, you would want a Pitt/Denver vs Carolina matchup since all three can get pretty cold and they won't whine like the sunny Seattle fans..

If you want a good football game then it'll be all about Denver vs Carolina.

I'm Varsity chump. You're J.V.
    Quote Originally Posted by CM Kilo

Uhh...Denver is cold as hell dude, like Pitt, they'd be right at home. It's Carolina fans and Seahawk fans that would probably be pissed....however it rained for 28 straight days in Seattle, so maybe they'd welcome cold wweather without constant precepitation

+ Reply to Thread