+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Favorite sports bars

Naa I have not been out to the canton one yet. I have to go to BW's alot for PA's at work. I have hit the ones in: Mt Clem, Washington, Westland, Southgate, Clinton Twp...and they all pretty much suck ass.

being not of legal age in the US, my choices are limited.

I liked Docs, because of the individual TV's. There is a place in Windsor called Dirty Jerseys. Each booth has its own TV, and their food is AMAZING. Buffalo Chicken Pizza , Steakburger Pizza, Honey Garlic Wings...mmmm.

But their game selection is sometimes limited due to blackouts. Man, I can't wait till I am 21.

Yeah BW3 only place in my town for this kind of stuff.

Art
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Alot of these places have great looking TV's, widescreen Plasmas and the like, but they don't spend the extra money to get the HD service. It's the dumbest thing I've ever seen. They spend a fortune on the TV's and then don't bother with the HD. They just stretch the normal picture out to fill the wider screen and it looks like crap.

You can tell during the commercials because 90% of commercials are not HD so there should be black bars on the sides of the screen.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

i hate the bw3 in ann arbor.

theres no need to have 80000 tv's.

i can only be interested in 2 games, 3 tops, at a time. anything more than that is just distracting.

but im not a big sports bar guy.

I'm not a sports bar person either... I prefer to watch the games at home.

I agree on BW3 that they aren't that good for sports. 50 cent boneless wings on Thursday nights ROCK! They have like 50 tvs up and they all suck.

A few of the ones have good TVs now. Canton is one.

I'd also prefer to just have people over for games as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I do so love a train wreck.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    People love train wrecks.

Syndicate Emeritus, Site Co-Founder Taymelo's Avatar
    I'm a big watch it at home on the 60' inch with surround sound/big woofer system.

Fuck sports bars, the only thing worse than the price to spend 3 hours there, are the crowds, smoking, and expensive alcohol costs that are so much cheaper when watching the game at home (and no drunk driving at home, either - big, underrated perk).
    Quote Originally Posted by WH Press Sec. Tony Snow
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    I'm a big watch it at home on the 60' inch with surround sound/big woofer system.

Fuck sports bars, the only thing worse than the price to spend 3 hours there, are the crowds, smoking, and expensive alcohol costs that are so much cheaper when watching the game at home (and no drunk driving at home, either - big, underrated perk).
    I went to a small crappy sports bar a few weeks back to watch the Pistons.

This particular bar has $1 beers during Wings games but not Piston games. Both games were on but we were there to watch the Pistons and had asked them to switch the game to the Pistons near the table we were at.

Yup, you guessed it, $2.50 for our beers because we weren't watching the Wings.

As a lawyer, what advice would you give me to recoup my losses?
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I do so love a train wreck.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    People love train wrecks.

i watched game 1 of the tigers vs yankees at a relatively new sports bar in Royal Oak called 24 Seconds.

it's a smallish bar with 12 HD TVs (42" each) around and above the bar. kinda of overkill when the same game is on every screen, but i'd imagine it'd be better when there are multiple games on. there are also two 10 foot screens w/ projectors. viewing the game is definitely not an issue here, since the bar itself is pretty small.

around the bar, there's limited seating. when we got there, it was "find your own seat". we got there pretty early, but there weren't any table with more than two seats. we ended up sitting at the bar. sitting at the bar was ok, but the TVs are perched above you, so you either need to keep your head up to watch or lean back in your seat.

they have a roof top deck, but it was closed. i heard you can watch the game up there, too. that would have been cool.

the food was typical bar food. i had a "jack daniels" burger and it wasn't that great. we also had nachos and wings. both were just average...but then again, i've come to expect that from bar food.

all in all it was a decent place. atmosphere was rowdy and the small size gave the place a kind of a quaint feel to it. they've got live music, karaoke, etc. Parker & The Man is broadcasted from there on Monday nights.

note to restaurant owners: a website is great....making a myspace for your bar is probably a good idea, too. but putting the pics of the bar and videos of the bar on the myspace and NOT the original site is probably a bad idea.

+ Reply to Thread