+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Favorite sports bars

Favorite sports bars

alright guys, we all hit up the sports bars to watch Pistons/Lions/Wings games with buddies.

name a sports bar/pub that you like, description (location, website maybe), hotness of waitresses (always important ), general atmosphere, TV situation, etc.,

i'll start it off:

C.J. Mahoneys Sports Grille

Rochester Rd between Auburn and South Blvd.

It's a relatively small restaurant. Raised bar area in the middle with large plasma TV's above (three 72", seven 42"). Booths line up the perimeter with small LCD TVs in each booth. They've got live band nights, Club Keno, WiFi internet, arcade games, and pretty waiteresses. Pretty cool place. It's smaller than places like Buffalo Wild Wings. The nice TV's everywhere make watching the game pretty enjoyable.

Bailey's Pub & Grille
    1965 W Maple Rd
    Troy, MI 48084-7109 View Map
    (248) 435-3044

They've got a ton of TV's and even a VIP room where you can watch
    the game with a group of friends without being in the middle of the bar.
    There's no wall or door closing the bar off but it's in it's own little niche.
    We watched every Monday night game there last year. It was awesome.

The talent there is decent. Sometimes you'll get the hot waitress that's
    nice but not a good waitress and sometimes you'll get the decent waitress
    that's super nice and does everything right. I don't think we ever got
    both. The service is decent there. Not amazing but not bad by any means.

The best thing about this place is the energy. It's a fun place to be.

^^ nice, mola...

hey do the VIP rooms cost more? are there seperate TVs in there? sounds cool.

No. First come first serve. It's a sitting room.
    I just call it the VIP room, but you can eat there.
    It's like an extension of the bar section. It rocks!

I forgot to add that there's a nice leather couch,
    2 lounge chairs and a hightop with 4 stools in there.

2 regular TV's but they're both like 36" and you can tune them to
    whatever you want and have your own volume settings in there.

Syndicate Emeritus, Site Co-Founder Taymelo's Avatar
    The ESPNZone in Manhattan is pretty sweet. The record radio shows there, and its like a Vegas sports betting room - lazy boys and big screens. Also tons of video games and sports games (basketball courts with shooting contests, etc). Fun for the whole family.
    Quote Originally Posted by WH Press Sec. Tony Snow
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

http://www.buffalowildwings.com/

BW3's is always a solid choice for Piston's action. the newest locations will usually have great digital projectors and plasmas to watch the game. the BW3's in Ann Arbor has an obscene amount of plasma TV's. Crowds are always into the game, cheering along. Good times.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    buffalo wild wings and espn sportszone in vegas.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Re: Favorite sports bars

Quote Originally Posted by iamme
    alright guys, we all hit up the sports bars to watch Pistons/Lions/Wings games with buddies.

name a sports bar/pub that you like, description (location, website maybe), hotness of waitresses (always important ), general atmosphere, TV situation, etc.,

i'll start it off:

C.J. Mahoneys Sports Grille

Rochester Rd between Auburn and South Blvd.

It's a relatively small restaurant. Raised bar area in the middle with large plasma TV's above (three 72", seven 42"). Booths line up the perimeter with small LCD TVs in each booth. They've got live band nights, Club Keno, WiFi internet, arcade games, and pretty waiteresses. Pretty cool place. It's smaller than places like Buffalo Wild Wings. The nice TV's everywhere make watching the game pretty enjoyable.
    I love Mahoneys!! That place is great and I read on their website they are adding a patio! Amazing!!

Places I like in no order:

CJ Mahoneys
    Hoops City Grille
    Hoops
    Docs Sports Retreat

I FUCKING HATE Buffalo Wild Wings more than any other place to watch a game. Their big screens are the worst quality and are basically impossible to see. I prefer a crisp 40 HD than the 90 inch shitball TV's

This should be in the yet-to-be-created Detroit life/culture forum.

Re: Favorite sports bars

Quote Originally Posted by theMUHMEshow
    I FUCKING HATE Buffalo Wild Wings more than any other place to watch a game. Their big screens are the worst quality and are basically impossible to see. I prefer a crisp 40 HD than the 90 inch shitball TV's
    have you seen the new BW3's in Canton? it's got projectors that are REAL nice. but yeah....old, washed out projectors are the worst.

Mr B's in Troy has some great food, but their projectors seriously need an upgrade.

+ Reply to Thread