+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lions interested in Simms

Lions interested in Simms

Morty says Lions like Simms. I am not that familiar with the Lions or Bucs cap situation so I am not sure it's poosible. Simms is a RFA.

If it was possible would what it take to get Simms? Thoughts?

I would love Chriss Simms, the kid showed me a lot yesterday.

I am telling you what I love that run he had in the fourth quarter.

Welcome to Detroit...Oregon. Home to Detroit Lake and nothing else.
    I don't see any difference between Chris Simms' role on the Lions and Jeff Garcia's role last year. And we all know how well that charade worked.
    [img]i17.tinypic.com/5z1kqq8.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipNelsonFan
    I don't see any difference between Chris Simms' role on the Lions and Jeff Garcia's role last year. And we all know how well that charade worked.
    I am not sure what you're saying here?

I do not think they are similar at all...Simms is young and actually can throw farther than Sandra Day O'Conner.

Welcome to Detroit...Oregon. Home to Detroit Lake and nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipNelsonFan
    I am not sure what you're saying here?
    I couldn't count on Chris Simms to start for 16 games if Joey leaves. Even if he does, I couldn't count on his production either. There's a reason it's taken him Goddamn forever to start for the Bucs.
    [img]i17.tinypic.com/5z1kqq8.gif[/img]

There's just no way you can compare Simms to the dinosaur Garcia. I have not watched Simms career but is it possible that they were developing him? Simms right now is better than Joey so I don't get the hate.

Blog Entries
    I'd rather have Griese.
    Find a new slant.

^me too. Greise just signed an extension, so it's possible they are forced to trade him or let Simms walk. They will have too much money in QB's if they keep both, much like SD might have.

I'd trade them for Griese if they want. Can you do S&T's in NFL? Maybe they'd want Edwards or something.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Chris if I remember correctly Griese's contract was structured so that it was more like a 1 year contract with several options for extra years. It's not like he got a huge signing bonus so cutting him or trading him won't hurt the Bucs cap too much.

As far as Simms goes it depends on what kind of qualifying offer he gets. He was a 3rd rd pick so compensaton isn't like if he was franchised.

+ Reply to Thread