+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: How many games will Sheed be suspended for?

Syndicate Emeritus, Site Co-Founder Taymelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shags
    Quote Originally Posted by NoFlyZone
    Will the regular season techs carry over into the playoffs? So lets say Sheed does in fact get 20 in the regular season. Will he get subsequent suspensions in the playoffs for each technical he will receive?
    You start off with a clean slate in the playoffs. Once you get your 7th T, you get a suspension, and every other one after that gets you another game. This will make it all the more critical to not waste games in the first two rounds this year.

I don't have a problem at all with this rule. Shut up and play basketball, and quit bitching to the refs.
    But don't you have a problem with the fact that some people get away with murder and no techs, while others can't even smile at a ref w/o one (Sheed), thus ensuring that one team is more penalized than another just because they have a player the refs simply don't "like"?

Why is it fair that Miami will lose no players to suspension over this rule, while Detroit will, although Pat Riley is so much more obnoxious to the refs than Sheed?
    Quote Originally Posted by WH Press Sec. Tony Snow
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

I don't mind this as long as everybody starts over in the play-offs. I think Sheed gets away with more actually, with his gesturing and "ball don't lie" announcements - he's calling out the referees with that statement.

Refs have said in the past that they T up Sheed because they don't want to listen to him and he quiets down afterwards because another will have him ejected. That means he's under control when he's T'd up in the first place - so he obviously doesn't care about future suspensions.

It does fly in the face of "every game is important" though because sure we have the bigs should he go down, we can't count on Davis or Max to supply his offense, so outside of McDyess, our bigs will severly limited offensively.
    In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

We won't be better off, but it wouldn't be as bad as you think with McDeezie
    and MadMax. We'd be okay offensively. What I would worry about is the
    fact that both of these cats are foul magnets. It's like having Elden Campbell
    out there twice. Alot of calls I don't see in the replays either. It's fucking
    weird. I don't get why the fuck Dice gets no respect.
    It's not like he's a dick or something. Sorry for the rant.

I don't want Sheed suspended but we can win a couple games without him.
    Think of one of those games where Sheed is just absent on both sides because
    of foul trouble and then throw in Max. I don't see a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    Quote Originally Posted by NoFlyZone
    Will the regular season techs carry over into the playoffs? So lets say Sheed does in fact get 20 in the regular season. Will he get subsequent suspensions in the playoffs for each technical he will receive?
    You start off with a clean slate in the playoffs. Once you get your 7th T, you get a suspension, and every other one after that gets you another game. This will make it all the more critical to not waste games in the first two rounds this year.

I don't have a problem at all with this rule. Shut up and play basketball, and quit bitching to the refs.
    But don't you have a problem with the fact that some people get away with murder and no techs, while others can't even smile at a ref w/o one (Sheed), thus ensuring that one team is more penalized than another just because they have a player the refs simply don't "like"?

Why is it fair that Miami will lose no players to suspension over this rule, while Detroit will, although Pat Riley is so much more obnoxious to the refs than Sheed?
    First of all, I don't know if this rule applies to coaches or not. It should. However, it's ridiculous to even imply that a team should lose a player because THE COACH gets over the technical threshold.

And let's stop making Sheed the victim here. He's earned the reputation he has from the officials. No one would even care about this rule if Sheed wasn't on the team. This is all part of the Rasheed Wallace package. He's not changing, so you just live with it because of all of the positive things he brings.

Quote Originally Posted by CM Kilo
    I don't mind this as long as everybody starts over in the play-offs. I think Sheed gets away with more actually, with his gesturing and "ball don't lie" announcements - he's calling out the referees with that statement.

Refs have said in the past that they T up Sheed because they don't want to listen to him and he quiets down afterwards because another will have him ejected. That means he's under control when he's T'd up in the first place - so he obviously doesn't care about future suspensions.

It does fly in the face of "every game is important" though because sure we have the bigs should he go down, we can't count on Davis or Max to supply his offense, so outside of McDyess, our bigs will severly limited offensively.
    Keep in mind too that we probably won't have Maxiell when Sheed gets suspended. If a player is suspended, the team doesn't get to put them on the inactive list for that game. They play with 11. So Maxiell will only be on the roster if Darko or someone else is.

I'm not worried about the regular season games. I am about the playoffs though.

Keep in mind too that we probably won't have Maxiell when Sheed gets suspended. If a player is suspended, the team doesn't get to put them on the inactive list for that game. They play with 11. So Maxiell will only be on the roster if Darko or someone else is.

Maxiell is on the active roster.

Quote Originally Posted by MOLA1

In the playoffs we will roll with
    1. Billups
    2. Hamilton
    3. Prince
    4. Wallace
    5. Wallace
    6. McDyess
    7. Delfino
    8. Evans
    9. Hunter
    10. Arroyo
    11. Davis
    12. Darko/Maxiell/Acker/Amir

So if Sheed is suspended, then during the regular season until Hunter comes back we can survive with 4 big men instead of 5 normally without putting Tayshaun at the PF. But during the playoffs, if Sheed is gone, then McDyess has to start, Davis off the bench, and then either Darko or Maxiell in case of foul trouble. Not bad options, really. Let Sheed say his mind, he is a much better player when he is emotionally involved.
    Destiny

There is a 14 man roster now, not a 12 man one. Rule change this past offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by MOLA1

He won't be when Hunter comes back. And Sheed won't be suspended before that time.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsportscity
    There is a 14 man roster now, not a 12 man one. Rule change this past offseason.
    How exactly does the playoff roster work?? 14 man roster, though only 12 player active roster than can be switched up for each game?? Or only before each round?
    In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

+ Reply to Thread