+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Should The Lions pick up Jason Avant in the 3rd?

Should The Lions pick up Jason Avant in the 3rd?

We could use a good possession receiver such as Avant, and yea he did somewhat dissapear in the Alamo Bowl, but our receiver core is far from solid.

It looks as though Rogers will be shown the door, so that leaves us with often injured and nonchalant Roy Williams, Mike Williams (who should improve greatly over the summer), and Scottie Vines.

Adding another receiver seems improbable, but maybe we don't go the free agency route or trade route.

Would Avant be a solid 3rd or 4th round pickup for us after we address the O-Line and defense?

And Will Avant be there? We sure could use a pair of guranteed hands the help out Joey if he is still around.

Why not take Mike Hass in the 3rd instead?

How about here's our WR core:

Roy
    Chuck
    Mike
    Johnson/another Vet FA(what we really need, someone to whip the youngins into line)
    Vines

That is 6 pretty decent WR's. How about we get another position covered before we draft another one.

No WR or RB in this draft.

OT/DE/OG/S/TE/LB are the picks we need.

Art
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

Syndicate Emeritus, Site Co-Founder Taymelo's Avatar
    Charles isn't going anywhere and is poised for a good season, IMO.

Roy pisses me off with his inconsistency but will hopefully work on it.

BMW will hopefully make a decent tight end some day.

Scotty Vines is a fine 3rd or 4th guy.

Avant is WAY too slow (no I haven't seen his 40 time. But I've watched his slow ass at UM for years). I loved the guy at UM, but don't see him as a viable NFL receiver.

Would I take him in the 6th or 7th round? Sure. Why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by WH Press Sec. Tony Snow
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

Hands > Speed.

Art

I'm Varsity chump. You're J.V.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artermis
    Hands > Speed.

Art
    Co-signed. Avants catches everything and that's a big Lions issue, no one catches anything. That said, we could use a back up running back more than another WR, we'd be better off looking at undrafted WRs.

If there is a good RB in the 3rd, I think we should jump all over it. Kevin Jones seems like he will never play more than 8 straight games, so when he goes down (and he will) we'll have someone better than Artose Pinner.

That said, neither of those are real pressing needs..DE/OT/LB are probably the most needed.

I would prefer the Lions found a guy like Sporles late in the draft to pick as our 3rd down back. Change of pace and good ball catcher, has some moves. Bryson and Pinner strictly one way.

I agree dont need a WR in this draft at all.

You got the trifecta that we need.

Art

I do not like the Avant pick at all. Sure he is a UM guy and I liked him a lot while he was here but the Lions NEED TO WORK ON CONTROLLING THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE. Fix the offensive and defensive line. Then fix the depth at the linebacker position.

Once we can allow our QB some time to get passes off then we can worry about people that can catch.

youf ucking michigan homers crack me up. jason avant translates to a 7th round pick, and either special teams, or the practice squad if he's lucky.

somebody find out the last michigan player we ended up with, and how he's done. I'll help you out. he's slow, he has short arms. he's stupid, and he's our worst offensive lineman.

nobody from michigan who is supposed to be good, actually is good.

+ Reply to Thread