+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10
FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Michigan NOT Elite?

Only the hard and strong may call themselves Spartans. Only the hard… Only the strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31
    One more thing, after recent events, (Jethro mentioned this earlier) a certain question from the old site needs to be answered and asked again.

We hang in your sport, can you hang in ours?
    The Wolverines celebrate victories over the Spartans in both sports.
    Mood-
    If we're gonna talk recent history I will remind you that Michigan basketball has now beaten MSU the same number of times MSU football has beaten Michigan during said time period. 1999 - present

Also keep in mind that in football these teams only play once a year and in basketball they play twice in most seasons. Hence MSU basketball has fended off their rival from the Southeast far more times during this span than Michigan football has their rival from the Northwest.

If you consider yourself to be "hanging" in "our" sport than I will consider ourselves to be "hanging" in "yours".

I know Tre always makes this a "recent" arguement, but I'm more of a historic guy. I thought about something today. In "their sport" let's see how they stack up.

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
    Michigan Football-11
    Michigan State Basketball-2
    Michigan fans will always refer to their National Championships, but will they ever post the years that they occured? No, because 10 of those 10 1/2 Championships that they have didn't occur in the common era. They occured when half of college football's programs right now didn't exist. They occured when guys were wearing leather helmets. We weren't even close to being conceived when these things occured.

Michigan 2-12 versus MSU. Moodini, keep tellin' me that you're "hangin"

Moodini----> [smilie=angry.gif]
    We remember our Championships, and we count in wholes, not halves.

big 10 regular season records last 5 years:

michigan football 32-8 (80%)
    michigan state basketball 53-27 (67%)

case closed?

Quote Originally Posted by izquierdaste

case closed?
    Dude, case was closed 12 months ago. Notice the last time someone posted in this thread. What are you doing going back 15 pages? We all seemed to come to an agreement a long time ago that both programs were Elite. Take some time to read up before you post, you're making an appearance like Leonardo in What's Eating Gilbert Grape.

I am glad that the overwhelmingly obvious facts have finally penetrated that skull of yours. First I can't talk about msu basketball in one thread. Then I can't rub you face in your own idiocy in another thread. I guess I just can't post here, huh?

By the way, I refer to your previous last words about the status of UM football before I showed you up. Please keep acting like an ass when I embarass you. it is fun for me!

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    I believe that MSU is on the Elite level right NOW. Michigan football is not on the Elite level NOW.
    Dude, case was closed 12 months ago. Notice the last time someone posted in this thread. What are you doing going back 15 pages? We all seemed to come to an agreement a long time ago that both programs were Elite. Take some time to read up before you post, you're making an appearance like Leonardo in What's Eating Gilbert Grape.

case closed?
    I love this kid!

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

I am glad that the overwhelmingly obvious facts have finally penetrated that skull of yours. First I can't talk about msu basketball in one thread. Then I can't rub you face in your own idiocy in another thread. I guess I just can't post here, huh?

By the way, I refer to your previous last words about the status of UM football before I showed you up. Please keep acting like an ass when I embarass you. it is fun for me!
    Hello retard, I posted that 12 months ago when UM was 7-5. I wouldn't brag too much about your great football team that just finished their season losing its 5th game in 6 against its rival and now will end the season without a Championship.

Yes, I will rip you when you post about Spartan Basketball in the Who will play OSU thread.

Tre, you have anger management issues, I think you need counseling.

Quote Originally Posted by Daviticus 2.39
    Tre, you have anger management issues, I think you need counseling.
    What the hell are you talking about? I'm not angry about anything. This new guy is coming in and posting thread after thread attacking me and most of it is over stuff that was discussed months ago.

What the hell are you talking about? I'm not angry about anything. This new guy is coming in and posting thread after thread attacking me and most of it is over stuff that was discussed months ago.
    I'm talking about how everything with you is a battle, instead of a healthy debate. You take this shit too personally son.

+ Reply to Thread