+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10
FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Michigan NOT Elite?

Just because you believe both are Elite or neither are Elite does not mean that is a fact. Everybody doesn't have to agree with you.

I believe that MSU is on the Elite level right NOW. Michigan football is not on the Elite level NOW.

I believe Michigan Football is Elite historically. I believe State is too, but not as much as Michigan is.

Ok, not that I'm anywhere close to following your path, tell me when the last time was that you DID consider Michigan to be elite - not historically, but the last time, in your life, that you ever said "Michigan is elite right now." First, I realize there is no way in hell you ever said that, been when is the last time you would have admitted they were?
    We had subs. It was crazy.

kettle calling the pot black.
    Pot calling the Kettle, fwiw.

Ok, not that I'm anywhere close to following your path, tell me when the last time was that you DID consider Michigan to be elite - not historically, but the last time, in your life, that you ever said "Michigan is elite right now." First, I realize there is no way in hell you ever said that, been when is the last time you would have admitted they were?
    Probably between 97-01. Don't have time to look up the records, etc. But, that is my first guess. I'll get back to you on that.

Denial Jethro, look it up and you might see your grill.

From a Rivals.com Interview with their EXPERTS...

Let's start off with your general thoughts on this class?

Farrell: "We grade on quality and quantity, which is why Michigan is a little bit lower than its fans are probably used to. But they're the only team in the Top 25 that signed less than 20 players, and that's pretty a remarkable accomplishment.

"I think Michigan did very well. There was a time for concern earlier in the fall because they were striking out on some top targets, but patience paid off for Michigan – they finished extremely strong.

"To go out across the country and pull top players out of new areas, like Colorado and Georgia, and then to go down into Florida, out to California and Washington – I think it just really shows you Michigan remains one of the elite programs in college football and recruits want to be a part of that tradition of success."
    STOP HATING!

Farrell
    Shouldn't he be producing Snoop's new track and workin' on a few new hooks?

I'll stop hatin' when UM wins a big game. Or maybe even a bowl game...or maybe even just a win over OSU....or ND....

Way to throw those maybe's in there so you have an excuse not to stop.

You didn't pick up on my sarcasm. I was basically trying to hint at the fact that they need to win a big game.

Yeah, I caught that, but I also caught that you wouldn't allow yourself to be quoted as saying you would for sure stop the hatin. I caught both parts. It was both witty and tricky. Props for your rhetoric.

I know Tre always makes this a "recent" arguement, but I'm more of a historic guy. I thought about something today. In "their sport" let's see how they stack up.

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
    Michigan Football-11
    Michigan State Basketball-2

One more thing, after recent events, (Jethro mentioned this earlier) a certain question from the old site needs to be answered and asked again.

We hang in your sport, can you hang in ours?

The Wolverines celebrate victories over the Spartans in both sports.

Mood-

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

+ Reply to Thread