+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Michigan NOT Elite?

If Tom Izzo was your head coach, would you not give him all the praise in the world?

He's one of the best in the biz and I'll praise him until my days are done.

"I don't know that I'm ever not gonna want to play."
    Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    Quote Originally Posted by Shugadaddi
    YOU GUYS DIDN'T EVEN WANT TO START TOM BRADY!

He was passed over for the biggest bust since Ryan Leaf....none other that the "hype machine" himself Drew Hensen.

I'll agree that you guys turn over many quality players, but you can never take credit for Tom Brady. As a matter of fact there should be a Tom Brady rule.

If I was Tom Brady I would love to waltz into Lloyd Carr's office and punch him right in the throat...with all of my rings on.
    Keep in mind that he was a 6th round pick. Call out every NFL team 6 times for every one time you call out Michigan.

And Henson was pretty much considered a lock for the #1 pick had he stayed at Michigan. Really tough to blame the UM coaches for that.
    Double horse shit. Henson was garbage. He never played a full season and he sure enough gave away the MSU/ UofM game that Tom Brady would have won if they had left him in. I was at that game and laughed my ass of when they trotted his sorry ass onto the field.

I have a ton of respect for many Michigan recruits....but he was a douche bag...he even sucked at baseball.

I was talking in reference to Lucas about MSU's guards going to the NBA.

Mateen Cleaves, Chris Hill, Kelvin Torbert, Charlie Bell, Marcus Taylor....etc. Straight BUST! :P

Also, Henson was the #1 player in the country coming out of high school, so it's tough not to put him on the field. In the 1999 season, he split time with Brady and I'll admit I wanted Henson to play because of his rep. But as the season went on, it was clear that Brady was the more polished QB at that time and for the second half of the year, Brady ran the show and I agreed with the decision. All these Sparty fan boys act like Michigan hated Tom Brady while he was there and now we hype him like he's our boy because he's the best player in the NFL. NOT TRUE! :bs:

Michigan fans wanted Henson early, but realized Brady was better, and loved him and he led us to a win in the 2000 Orange Bowl.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

OH MY GOSH, I AM GOING FREAKING NUTS IN MY SEAT RIGHT NOW. MOODINI, YOU ARE SO FULL OF SHIT RIGHT NOW IT IS RIDICULOUS. HERE IS WHAT I'M GOING NUTS ABOUT:

:shock: :shock: :shock:
    Michigan fans wanted Henson early, but realized Brady was better, and loved him and he led us to a win in the 2000 Orange Bowl.
    :shock: :shock: :shock:

I sat with you and your Michigan boys every game that season and listened to you and all your Wolverines beg for Henson to be in and hate on Brady EVERY SINGLE GAME! I can't believe you would even try saying this!!!!! You know how I remember things said! Michigan fans including you were pushing Brady out the door for "the great" Henson. Michigan gave him a half of a freaking season and now they want to claim him. BULLSHIT! :x I can't believe you tried claiming this when I sat right next to you and listened to you bash him his whole senior season. That's a fact.

By the way, the guards you mentioned all have either Final Four or National Championship rings on their fingers as we speak. :lol:

By the way, the guards you mentioned all have either Final Four or National Championship rings on their fingers as we speak. Laughing
    This statement means absolutely jack shit since Moodini was speaking in regards to the NBA.

When it comes to keeping your high ranking in football you are only allowed to lose one time throughout the year and that makes it tough. I will give State the fact that they have a tough basketball schedule, but in basketball you can lose plenty of times and still be in the mix. They also have a tournament which means we do know who is the best at the end of the year. Football is always going to be biased due to the fact that you have to go undefeated to keep your high ranking and there is no tournament.

State Basketball
    2004-2005 13-3 2nd place
    2003-2004 12-4 2nd place (tied)
    2002-2003 10-6 3rd place (tied)
    2001-2002 9-7 5th place (tied)

Wow, I dont see any Big Ten titles in that span right there, but these are supposed to be the Elite cats that big Tre speaks of............weird.

Hey Filly, who's won the most Big Ten titles in the last 10 years? Who's went to more Final Fours than anyone in the nation over the last 10 years?

Shut the fuck up.

ps sorry that was kinda harsh

You can't talk about Final Fours b/c football doesnt use a system that is equal. Michigan has gone to the Rose Bowl 2 of the last 3 years and won their conference, but you dimiss that. Until football has a tournament (which we can ALL agree is needed) this whole thread is completely moot. I will argue with you till we're both blue in the face, but what good would it do.

Agreed. We could go on forever. But, I have given credit for Rose Bowls. I've mentioned that several times. The only thing I get on Michigan's case for is losing the big one. (OSU game or Bowl games)

"How many times do you get a chance to play in front of a national television audience?" said David Williams, the Vanderbilt's chancellor for student life and athletics. "Add the fact that your opponent is one of the elite programs in the history of college football and, indeed, one of the great universities in our nation and it becomes an awesome opportunity."
    Straight from the mouth of Vanderbilt's chancellor. He thinks we are elite.

+ Reply to Thread