+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Michigan NOT Elite?

Quote Originally Posted by Artermis
    They recruit pretty well too. BTW one of the things that was told Lucas to get him to sign with MSU is that MSU is a pipeline to the NBA.

Art
    Pipeline to the NBA huh? How are Mateen, Charlie Bell, and Chris Hill doing?

I just think that Izzo is a god of coaching and gets EVERYTHING out of his players.
    Don't get me wrong, Izzo is a great coach, but what was he doing vs. Illinois? The cat was like chilling out on the sideline not saying anything. What about Wiscy too?

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31

Pipeline to the NBA huh? How are Mateen, Charlie Bell, and Chris Hill doing?
    Sources say they're in a jacuzzi jacking off Marcus Taylor.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

And Andre Hutson.

And people scream about how Amaker doesn't make any players better. I'm pretty sure Graham Brown is 5 times the player he was at freaking Mio. Meanwhile, how many State 4 and 5 star guys never did squat in the pipeline?
    Again, to be fair, the same conversation is going on in the NFL forum about Wolverine football players (see Avant thread). I'm telling you, the two programs are identical in far too many ways to dismiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31

Pipeline to the NBA huh? How are Mateen, Charlie Bell, and Chris Hill doing??
    Of the other programs (and coaches) that Lucas was considering, who have done a better job of moving kids on to the NBA than MSU and Izzo? Mateen, Bell, Richardson, Peterson, Randolph, Ager, Brown, Davis. I'd say TI has done a pretty amazing job of both preparing kids for the league AND showing them collegiate success.

When was the last time MSU had an All-Pro pro player? Magic Johnson back in the 80s. Steve Smith? That was back in the early-mid nineties

When was the last time U of M had one? Amani Toomer, Tom Brady, Charles Woodson, and Ty Law come to mind. Not to mention our great linebackers and offensive linemen.

I'm tired of people saying U of M players mostly bust. It's bullshit.

"I don't know that I'm ever not gonna want to play."
    YOU GUYS DIDN'T EVEN WANT TO START TOM BRADY!

He was passed over for the biggest bust since Ryan Leaf....none other that the "hype machine" himself Drew Hensen.

I'll agree that you guys turn over many quality players, but you can never take credit for Tom Brady. As a matter of fact there should be a Tom Brady rule.

If I was Tom Brady I would love to waltz into Lloyd Carr's office and punch him right in the throat...with all of my rings on.

Quote Originally Posted by Shugadaddi
    YOU GUYS DIDN'T EVEN WANT TO START TOM BRADY!

He was passed over for the biggest bust since Ryan Leaf....none other that the "hype machine" himself Drew Hensen.

I'll agree that you guys turn over many quality players, but you can never take credit for Tom Brady. As a matter of fact there should be a Tom Brady rule.

If I was Tom Brady I would love to waltz into Lloyd Carr's office and punch him right in the throat...with all of my rings on.
    Keep in mind that he was a 6th round pick. Call out every NFL team 6 times for every one time you call out Michigan.

And Henson was pretty much considered a lock for the #1 pick had he stayed at Michigan. Really tough to blame the UM coaches for that.

Jethro you have reached an all time low. Did you seriously question Izzo's ability to get his players better?

You've got to be fucking kidding me! If you think Tommy Amaker does a better job of improving his players than Izzo than you know nothing about the game of basketball. There is not a single player on Michigan's roster that is improved from their freshman season. Horton, Harris, Ab, Sims, Petway....same if not worse than they were as freshmen. It's an absolute joke.

How about Paul Davis (20 pts, 10 rebs), Mo Ager (Big Ten Scoring Leader), and Shannon Brown (19 pts.)? Save the how have the played lately comment. These guys are twice the players they were as freshman. And Izzo does this with everybody that comes through his program.

Not everyone has the upside to play in the NBA, but Tom Izzo makes them the best players they possibly can be at State and that is all I care about.

For every Taylor, Hill (3 star by the way), and Torbert you give me, I'll give you Jason Richardson, Zach Randolph, and Mo Pete right back.

Yeah, Zach Randolph was all Izzo I'm sure. I'm just saying don't make the guy out to be a god and throw stuff around that affects your program as well.

+ Reply to Thread