+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Michigan NOT Elite?

Michigan NOT Elite?

This topic was started somehow in the Michigan/Nebraska thread so I thought I would give it its own thread.

Just to lay the ground work. For the last year, I've been making the claim that while Michigan is an Elite football program historically, they are not currently among the the Elite programs currently.

This has brought people like Jethro, Moodini, Art into an uproar. Even though the media, fans, and alums are saying the same thing I am. These maize and blue faithful do not want to admit it. So let the argument continue.

Let me see if I can finish this argument:
    Well, well, well....according to some of the Wolvies here on WTF Michigan is still Elite and they are just as Elite as MSU Basketball. Doesn't matter that they've got James Brown, Jim Rome, and The College Gameday Crew arguing against them. They don't want to believe it. Well, maybe they'll believe it when their own coach is admitting it.

Detroit Free Press. January 6, 2006/
    Headlines: "Michigan Head Coach Upset about the Fall from the Ranks of the Elite"

You guys have argued with me, the media, and the alums. Do you now want to argue with your own head coach. GAME OVER, THANK YOU. :lol:

I think they were elite up untill this year, 2 straight rose bowls is not shit.

What do you call elite?

Name me one program that has been as consistent as Michigan over the last 20 years, 30 years, 50 years.

Every program in the top 20 has had a losing record since Michigan has last had one.

Is USC elite? If so that means elite is only a 5 year plan, because prior to Carroll, they were pretty horrible with losing records and crap.

Again, it all depends on your definition of elite.

Art
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

So one bad year makes a team not elite? So very few teams are really "elite".

Art
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

This is getting tired. Who gets to start the State NOT elite thread?
    We had subs. It was crazy.

we havent been elite since before I was born.

(at least in football)

Agreed Steve, Rose Bowls are not shit at all. I'd love to see one.

At the same time, if you back door your way in when given the chance to clinch against OSU, not as tight.

And when you lose both, not as tight.

My definition of Elite is being able to maintain the top rankings you've been given at the start of the season. having one of the best records in the game, winning against the best.

Apparantly Lloyd Carr, University of Michigan Alums, and the Media all have the same definition as I do.

Well they are not elite now, I mean if Penn St. covered better in the endzone, UM might have been seeing the motor city bowl(I still think they would have gone 7-5, because I dont think Akron could have beaten them)

I'm talking about basketball dumbass. The argument has been made ad nausseum how the two in their respective sports have freakishly similar stats among those that matter.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

I love the way Tre makes his point, and then the final sentance is, WHAM, BAM FUCK YOU! I WIN!

+ Reply to Thread