This topic was started somehow in the Michigan/Nebraska thread so I thought I would give it its own thread.

Just to lay the ground work. For the last year, I've been making the claim that while Michigan is an Elite football program historically, they are not currently among the the Elite programs currently.

This has brought people like Jethro, Moodini, Art into an uproar. Even though the media, fans, and alums are saying the same thing I am. These maize and blue faithful do not want to admit it. So let the argument continue.

Let me see if I can finish this argument:
Well, well, well....according to some of the Wolvies here on WTF Michigan is still Elite and they are just as Elite as MSU Basketball. Doesn't matter that they've got James Brown, Jim Rome, and The College Gameday Crew arguing against them. They don't want to believe it. Well, maybe they'll believe it when their own coach is admitting it.

Detroit Free Press. January 6, 2006/
Headlines: "Michigan Head Coach Upset about the Fall from the Ranks of the Elite"

You guys have argued with me, the media, and the alums. Do you now want to argue with your own head coach. GAME OVER, THANK YOU. :lol: