+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Olive Garden

Blog Entries

Olive Garden

discuss.
    Find a new slant.

it's decent, but not great. There are much better Italian resteraunts out there IMO. The food is better than I can make, but not stellar. The salad and breadsticks almost make it worth it.

But, there aren't really any other "chain" Italian places like that, so it's probably the best by default. Papa Vino is worse. Spaghetti Factory is better, but harder to find.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Re: Olive Garden

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    discuss.
    Are we just your puppets? You want something from us so you just command it? Delusions of grandeur, Glenn...

Olive Garden has great bread and great food but not great enough to be priced like they are....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    discuss.
    Are we just your puppets? You want something from us so you just command it? Delusions of grandeur, Glenn...
    Pharoah has said that the OT forum needs some help, so I'm trying to drive some conversation, much like an OT forum mod should be doing.

oooh, that was, as TK would call it, a "spicy burn"

Anyhoo, I love the place.

The unlimited caesar salad and breaksticks really seals the deal, but I enjoy the "tour of Italy" as well.

I don't have Herms discriminating taste, apparently.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    flavorless prepackaged trash.
    I can attest that they do not prepackage anything there. I worked there for almost a year cooking on the line and everything, including the sauces is made from scratch. They have a prep crew that comes in at 6 to make sauces, cook pasta, cut veggies, etc.

All that being said, the food is turd. I wouldnt eat there unless you paid me. I wont even go with friends who are willing to pay for my food. I have had enough bad experiences not just with the food but also the service to never want to go back there ever again. I would rather pay the extra money and eat at a traditional italian restaurant than some stupid chain.

I actually have a list of places I am boycotting:

1- Olive Garden
    2- Red Lobster
    3- Max and Erma's

Funny that 1 and 2 are both owned by the same company. I have stories about all those places if anyone is interested.

Famous Bill Walton quotes:

"Shaq's arrogance is an insult to people who think."

Bill: "What, Phoenix? Are they still paying you?"
    Jalen: "Yeah, under the table."
    Bill: "Yeah, just like at Michigan."

“Oh my, Kobe is really putting on a show out there. He’s making Ray Allen look like a sixth grader!”

I'm sorry, I meant prepackaged as in "the same stuff you get everywhere else", not like Big Boy where the literally package fish and cook it in the microwave. My bad.

I do like the dressing they put on their salad, and they have a decent sangria.

ALright, I can see what you mean there. I hate defending that place because I seriously detest it so much but they really do make everything from scratch. I basically learned how to cook there.

Famous Bill Walton quotes:

"Shaq's arrogance is an insult to people who think."

Bill: "What, Phoenix? Are they still paying you?"
    Jalen: "Yeah, under the table."
    Bill: "Yeah, just like at Michigan."

“Oh my, Kobe is really putting on a show out there. He’s making Ray Allen look like a sixth grader!”

I don't care for Red Lobster either.

Aside from the food, we've had lowsy experiences at Olive Garden too.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    discuss.
    Pharoah has said that the OT forum needs some help, so I'm trying to drive some conversation, much like an OT forum mod should be doing.
    You gotta love how Pharoah says that the OT forum is lacking, but he has yet to even start a single topic in this forum.

Stir it up, Master P.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread