+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF mock drafts, 1st 10 picks

Thank you (wipes uncontrolled drool from half-latched straightjacket).

I don't understand how people have the Jets or Packers getting the top pick. I thought it was pretty clear that these mocks weren't supposed to include rumored trades. Simple instructions are so difficult some times.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by MOLA1
    Quote Originally Posted by dennymclain
    1 - Houston Texans -- No brainer. Bush. But he won't stay. Houston needs and overhaul, and Bush can bring several veterans to a team in desperate needs of some good linemen.

2 - New Orleans Saints -- With Brooks gone, Leinart is a solid pick. He and Joe Horn might make an interesting combo.

3 - Tennessee Titans -- If LenDale White comes out, he goes here. Chow will love to havee this guy, and he's a workhorse like Eddie George used to be.

4 - New York Jets -- Jerome Harrison. I'm still big on this guy.

5 - Green Bay Packers -- A good safety. Probably Jason Allen or Darnell Bing.

6 - Oakland Raiders -- Who gives a fuck. But they'll probably go for aa back... probably DeAngelo Williams.

7 - San Francisco 49ers -- O line. Nick Mangold or Max Jean Gilles to help protect Smith.

8 - Buffalo Bills -- WR, maybe Moss or Hagen.

9 - Detroit Lions -- Marcedes Lewis. It will be the most useless pick in the draft, and he and Mike Williams will get into it during a scrimmage and kill each other, effectively ruining the 2006 campaign.

10 - Arizona Cardinals -- Defense. Dusty Dvoracek would be a good fit.
    So you don't think Vince Young's going to go in the top 10? I think you're insane.
    I had just woken up when I replied before, so let me now explain in full.

I'm probably way off in my mock draft selections, but there's so many bad offensive lines out there that I'd suspect this year might be good for linemen, especially if a team has a major investment like an Alex Smith.

I personally wouldn't draft Vince Young if he declares himself as ONLY a quarterback. Receivers are a funny bunch of punksĀ®, and having a QB on the team who'd rather run than check off his targets would piss the corps off greatly. And the O line would not appreciate a QB who, on passing plays, decides to wing it and pick up 4 yards when, if he had held out for just a second more, could've found a late developing route. Trench warriors would like to feel their work is appreciated and successful, not reduced due to a foot happy QB used to rolling over college opponents and getting the glory for it.

But, if VY decides to go the Matt Jones way, then he can play a TE or WR and then QB on short yardage situations where the third threat of him running keeps the D honest.

VY would be a WR if he wanted too, not big enough for TE.

If you are talking about offense lineman than Scoot, Fergason, Justice, McNeil, and the USC guard all would be higher up than any of the O line you have mentioned Denny.

I personally took your mock as you trying to be funny...haha funny not, crazy funny.

Art
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

Quote Originally Posted by Artermis
    VY would be a WR if he wanted too, not big enough for TE.

If you are talking about offense lineman than Scoot, Fergason, Justice, McNeil, and the USC guard all would be higher up than any of the O line you have mentioned Denny.

I personally took your mock as you trying to be funny...haha funny not, crazy funny.

Art
    Yep. Still, do you draft OL's, or draft a skilled player and trade for OL's?

QB's are getting killed in this league. Is it because of better D's, or a lack of quality Offensive Lineman? If the latter is true, why trade for OL's that are sub-quality when you can draft top quality? If you are SF or Houston, and Smith and Carr are getting their asses rung, then what use is it to own a quality skill player if the 'skin never makes it out of the QB's hands?

I know it's a ridiculous argument. GM's will always draft to appease the owners and fans, and hope to land linemen via later rounds, FA or trade. But shit --if a special lineman is coming into the draft, who's quick and mobile and highly instictive, then wouldn't he be more valuable than some hot shit WR, especially if you're already paying some hot shit QB ridiculous amounts of $$$?

I am there with you. If the Lions pick a skill position on O this year, I will be so pissed, I might have to find another team to root for.

The problems it that teams pick skilled position dump a ton of money into them and then have crap left over to sign their Oline up.

I think even average fans realize, if your Oline is very good, your skilled positions players can be average to a little above average and the good to great Oline can make your skilled players look good to great.

Tis a shame most of us are not GMs.

Art
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

Syndicate Emeritus, Site Co-Founder Taymelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Artermis
    The problems it that teams pick skilled position dump a ton of money into them and then have crap left over to sign their Oline up.

I think even average fans realize, if your Oline is very good, your skilled positions players can be average to a little above average and the good to great Oline can make your skilled players look good to great.
    I think that Barry Sanders set the franchise back 40 years, because he was so good with such a bad offensive line, he gave our consistently dumbass management the impression that they don't need offensive linemen to move the ball.
    Quote Originally Posted by WH Press Sec. Tony Snow
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

Welcome to Detroit...Oregon. Home to Detroit Lake and nothing else.
    1. Houston Texans--Reggie Bush. No need to explain that.

2. New Orleans Saints--Matt Leinart. Again, no explanation required.

3. Tennessee Titans--Vince Young. They'll think he's the next coming of McNair, but we'll see how well that works out.

4. New York Jets--A.J. Hawk. Sam Cowart won't be around forever.

5. Green Bay Packers--D'Brickashaw Ferguson. That O-line just won't cut it, and Brick could probably step in right away.

6. Oakland Raiders--Mathias Kiwanuka. That defense blows and Sapp may actually have something to play for with Kiwanuka joining the line.

7. San Francisco 49ers--DeAngelo Williams. Him and Frank Gore could be a nice RB pair for a team desperate for offensive help.

8. Buffalo Bills--No one cares who the Bills take.

9. Detroit Lions--Mario Williams. A powerhouse D-line a la the Panthers is born.

10. Arizona Cardinals--Jimmy Williams. Will look good after drafting Antrel Rolle the previous year, but Williams is supposedly a hardcore pothead and Denny Green will kick his ass six ways to Sunday, ensuring a shitty draft for an overrated team.
    [img]i17.tinypic.com/5z1kqq8.gif[/img]

Last time I checked, Vince had excellent passing numbers.
    Just cause he's black doesn't mean he can't throw the ball. Fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by MOLA1
    Last time I checked, Vince had excellent passing numbers.
    Just cause he's black doesn't mean he can't throw the ball. Fuck.
    He throws the ball like a girl, literally. He's gonna get picked off by any halfway decent cornerback in this league. I mean, Chad Pennington has twice the arm(post-surgery) that Vince Young does.

+ Reply to Thread