+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF mock drafts, 1st 10 picks

WTF mock drafts, 1st 10 picks

Ok, here is the place to put YOUR mock draft for picks 1-10. Here's the catch though. I'm not looking for mindless guesses. Put a couple lines or so next to the pick explaining why you think that team will make that selection. Here's the draft order.
    1 - Houston Texans
    2 - New Orleans Saints
    3 - Tennessee Titans
    4 - New York Jets
    5 - Green Bay Packers
    6 - Oakland Raiders
    7 - San Francisco 49ers
    8 - Buffalo Bills
    9 - Detroit Lions
    10 - Arizona Cardinals

A couple notes and rules. First, the Oakland/Frisco picks could flip flop subject to a coin flip. For now, we'll keep them where they are. Next, we are going to assume these teams keep their picks - no trading in this thread. Hanes can maybe start a thread later where everyone gets one team, that's kind of his thing. Finally, I started this thread as a mod in this forum. I will delete any posts that don't fit the format of the thread. Until you post your mock complete with comments, any posts ripping someone else's draft will be deleted. Once you have posted your mock, feel free to comment on others posted.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

I'll start it off:

Houston Texans - D'Brickashaw Ferguson. Yes, I realize everyone thinks Bush should go #1, but the Texans have an above average RB in Domanick Davis. The offense needs a boost and the best way to do it would be solidifying the line with Ferguson. He'll give Carr time to find Andre Johnson and help make more holes for Davis to run through.

New Orleans Saints - Matt Leinart. Again with no Bush. This time it's Deuce McAllister blocking the way. Deuce has been injured for the better part of the last two seasons, but he'll return and the team was fairly successful on the ground still in his absence. However, Aaron Brooks will be gone and there isn't anyone ready to take over in his place. Leinart will be the starter in New Orleans immediately.

Tennessee Titans - Reggie Bush. Titans also have an oft-injured runner in Chris Brown. Beyond that, they traded for Travis Henry. Well, whichever one is healthy can play the Lendale White role. Tennessee doesn't allow this speedy back to make it past them. Look for them to use him like Marshall Faulk was used a few years ago, lining up as a receiver from time to time.

New York Jets - Vince Young. The Jets have Pennington, but he hasn't been the same since his shoulder injury. They pick Young and start either Pennington or Bollinger for now and give Young time to learn the ropes as an NFL QB. They need a lot of offensive help, but it's too early to draft a WR and Cedric Houston looks like the RB of the future for them.

Green Bay Packers - Mario Williams. The Pack were horrible on both sides of the ball. They have their future QB, and while Ahman Green looks to be nearly done, Davenport and Gado give Green Bay some other options in the backfield. Therefore, the Pack picks up a pass rusher to be a bookend with Gbaja-Biamila. That's a slightly bigger need than OLB which moves Williams ahead of Hawk.

Oakland Raiders - AJ Hawk. The Raiders rejoice when Hawk falls to them. Oakland couldn't stop anyone and Hawk will be all over the ball, giving the offense a few more chances to try to avoid turning the ball over. Raider Nation embraces Hawk's image.

San Francisco 49ers - DeAngelo Williams. The Niners are horrible as well. They're rebuilding their team position by position and RB is next. Kevan Barlow hasn't looked like a quality back is a while and no one else in their crowded backfield can seem to win the job outright. Williams solves that problem.

Buffalo Bills - Chad Greenway. Too early for them to go WR as well, though they need it. They also need OL help but they'll get that in the 2nd round when it's less of a stretch. For now they solidify their LB crew with Greenway.

Detroit Lions - Jimmy Williams. The Lions have a lot of needs but Williams is the best player on the board, something Matt Millen loves. He wins the starting CB job across from Dre Bly and bumps Bryant to the nickle package.

Arizona Cardinals - Jay Cutler. The Cardinals are a young team with exciting offensive weapons. Arrington is the back of the future and Fitz and Boldin are the best young WR duo in the game. They'll need a legit young QB pretty soon. Cutler is the man and Green will try to sit him and let him learn, but that won't last long. Cutler starts by week 7.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Houston Texans - D'Brickashaw Ferguson Bush is the more popular choice but they will draft Ferguson if they want to make the smarter decision. They might also be tempted to draft Vince Young because it will help with attendance and sales but I think they will stick with Ferguson.

New Orleans Saints - Matt Leinart Like Jethro said, Leinart will be able to step in and replace Aaron Brooks.

Tennessee Titans - Vince Young I am assuming that they release McNair and will need a QB. Young makes perfect sense for them, given his playing style is similar to McNair.

New York Jets - Reggie Bush. They need a replacement for Pennington but someone like Bush is too much to pass up. Can you imagine the marketability that Bush will create for the Jets in NY market.

Green Bay Packers - A.J. Hawk They have a lot of needs to fill but I can't imagine them passing up Hawk. He is equally good at stopping the run and pressuring the QB.

Oakland Raiders - Mario Williams With Moss and Jordan, their offense could be unstoppable. Their line is awful and Williams alone won't be able to fix it but its a start.

San Francisco 49ers - Vernon Davis They have holes everywhere on their roster. Davis will give them a passing threat and a safety valve for Alex Smith.

Buffalo Bills - Mathias Kiwanuka They need help on both OLine and DLine but since they take pride in defense they will go for Kiwanuka. They also lost Pat Williams last offseason and they might lose Sam Adams too, so DLine is a priority to them. They could also draft Haloti Ngata.

Detroit Lions - Jimmy Williams He is the best pick here unless someone (Justice, McNeill, Hali) has an outstanding workout the combine.

Arizona Cardinals - DeAngelo Williams Arrington didn't show anything last year to make the Cards believe that he can be a starting RB and they ranked 32nd in rushing last year. So look for them to upgrade their running game.

Houston Texans - Reggie Bush you cant pass up a guy like reggie, and Dominick Davis is not getting the job done. They will go with Reggie.

New Orleans Saints - Matt Lienart, they have had too many problems with Brooks and his comments and Todd Boumon is not a good replacement. Lienart can contribute right away.

Tennessee Titans - A.J Hawk How can you pass up hawk if you have Boullock, you know how many guy they will be stopping?

New York Jets - D'Brickshaw Fergurson, they need some one on the line to protect Pennigton considering he has a lot of injury problems

Green Bay Packers - Mario Willams, Need help on their D-line, he should make a big impact.

Oakland Raiders - Vince Young, Kerry Collins. Nuff said.

San Francisco 49ers - Marcedes Lewis I dont know if he comes out or not but SF needs a TE to block and give Smith a target.

Buffalo Bills - Mathias Kiwanuka They need help on both OLine and DLine but since they take pride in defense they will go for Kiwanuka. They also lost Pat Williams last offseason and they might lose Sam Adams too, so DLine is a priority to them. They could also draft Haloti Ngata.

Detroit Lions - Jimmy Williams He is the best pick here unless someone (Justice, McNeill, Hali) has an outstanding workout the combine.

Arizona Cardinals - DeAngelo Williams Worst Running game ive ever seen, he should make an impact right away.

what a cirlce jerk this seems to be. really stupid. some things you all should know

1. reggie bush is still the number one pick. anybody who thinks otherwise based on his "off" night last night (250 apys) is an idiot. you idiots may continue with your jerking off in circular order

2. lendale white will go in the 1st 10 picks and he will be a better pro than reggie bush. again, if you differ in your opinion, I believe jerking off in an order which resembles a circle is a better option for you

cheers.

I hate to do this prior to the playoffs even starting, but hey its the curse of the Lions fan. Anyway, this isn't entirely serious and I thought I would through in a couple of far fetched ideas. Take it for what its worth I guess. I'm also assuming Vince Young stays in school since that is what he has said all along.

1. New York Jets - Reggie Bush. NYJ give up their first and second this year and their first and fourth next year in order to move up and grab the heir apparent to Curtis Martin. Houston gets the hell out of here and moves down to the fourth slot.

2. New Orleans Saints - Matt Leinart. Barring some sort of Manningesque move by Matty, I'm pretty sure the Saints are going to be looking for someone to bring in ticket sales and keep Todd Bouwman off the field.

3. Tennesse Titans - AJ Hawk. Outside of Keith Bullock their LB core is fairly mediocre in Kassel, Sirmon and Boiman. Hawk and Bullock should scare the shit out of teams for the next couple of years and will give a lot of credit to a defense that is one corner away from being pretty damn good.

4. Houston Texans - D'Brickshaw Ferguson. The trade works out for Houston and they still get the guy they wanted along with all the picks. This way they can take the monster LT they really needed to anchor their line and not have the public outcry of not taking Reggie Bush number 1.

5. Green Bay Packers - Mario Williams. They need help in a lot of places but with Williams, KGB and Grady Jackson their front line should be set.

6. Oakland Raiders - DeMeco Ryan. This is another questionable pick on my part, but he is a kid that I can see getting a ton of run after the combine. He was the backbone of a fabulously underrated Alabama defense and he has a sincere nastiness to him that Al Davis is going to love.

7. San Fransisco 49ers - Vernon Davis. Another guy that is going to skyrocket after he worksouts for teams. SF is going to be able to line him up in the backfield and on the line as a TE. Again, its hard to guess at what guys are going to do at combines but this kid has a workout marvel written all over him.

8. Buffalo Bills - Jimmy Williams. Nate Clements is a FA at the end of this year and unless they Franchise him, I'm guessing he is gone. Jimmy Williams steps in as his replacement and is going to be boom or bust. I see no middle ground for this kid - either a star or a failure.

9. Detroit Lions - Mathias Kiwanuka. With the lack of talent at the WR position this year, Matty is forced to think elsewhere. This is from The Huddle Report:

"Mathias has excellent size, strength and speed for his position. He has very strong hands to work the O-linemen and uses this strength to keep them away from his body. He has an excellent burst and although he has long legs, he has very good change of direction abilities. Mathias is becoming a student of the game. I have seen him on film, go to the sidelines after a defensive series and write down what just happened in a notebook. This kid on the field shows maturity and the need to learn beyond his age."

I'd be more than fine if he fell to us.

10. Arizona Cardinals - DeAngelo Williams. That whole JJ Arrington thing didn't work out so well.

1 - Houston Texans -- No brainer. Bush. But he won't stay. Houston needs and overhaul, and Bush can bring several veterans to a team in desperate needs of some good linemen.

2 - New Orleans Saints -- With Brooks gone, Leinart is a solid pick. He and Joe Horn might make an interesting combo.

3 - Tennessee Titans -- If LenDale White comes out, he goes here. Chow will love to havee this guy, and he's a workhorse like Eddie George used to be.

4 - New York Jets -- Jerome Harrison. I'm still big on this guy.

5 - Green Bay Packers -- A good safety. Probably Jason Allen or Darnell Bing.

6 - Oakland Raiders -- Who gives a fuck. But they'll probably go for aa back... probably DeAngelo Williams.

7 - San Francisco 49ers -- O line. Nick Mangold or Max Jean Gilles to help protect Smith.

8 - Buffalo Bills -- WR, maybe Moss or Hagen.

9 - Detroit Lions -- Marcedes Lewis. It will be the most useless pick in the draft, and he and Mike Williams will get into it during a scrimmage and kill each other, effectively ruining the 2006 campaign.

10 - Arizona Cardinals -- Defense. Dusty Dvoracek would be a good fit.

Syndicate Emeritus, Site Co-Founder Taymelo's Avatar
    Can Jimmy Williams protect the quarterback and open holes for an overrated Kevin Jones?

I'll hang up and listen.

PS: Steve Hutchinson is apparently available as a free agent, and may get the highest salary ever for his position. In other words, he won't be a Lion, and the offense he goes to will improve dramatically.
    Quote Originally Posted by WH Press Sec. Tony Snow
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

1 - Houston Texans traded to Jets for extra picks Jets select Reggie Bush
    2 - New Orleans Saints- Vince Young best way to create buzz for a bad team.
    3 - Tennessee Titans- Matt Leinart- Norm Chow knows what he can do.
    4 - New York Jets- moved up now Texans pick D'Brickasahw to protect Carr
    5 - Green Bay Packers- AJ Hawk Singletary wants what he knows for GB
    6 - Oakland Raiders- Jimmy Williams a CB to replace Woodson
    7 - San Francisco 49ers-Michael Huff tough Lott like S
    8 - Buffalo Bills-Veron Davis top TE and needed saftey valve for Losman
    9 - Detroit Lions- Tamba Hali- Hybrid DE/OLB like Ware who we passed on.
    10 - Arizona Cardinals- DeAngelo Williams best RB in the draft IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    Can Jimmy Williams protect the quarterback and open holes for an overrated Kevin Jones?

I'll hang up and listen.

PS: Steve Hutchinson is apparently available as a free agent, and may get the highest salary ever for his position. In other words, he won't be a Lion, and the offense he goes to will improve dramatically
    They will franchise him since Alexander had it written into his 1 year deal that Seattle couldn't use it on him again. Now way Hutchinson shakes loose.

+ Reply to Thread