+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Let's draft Vince Young

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Young is definately in the top 3 now, ahead of DeBrickshaw. No way we trade up for him. We'd be better off using whatever we'd trade with our pick for an extra late first instead. Then we can get a defensive playmaker at #9 and an OT with that pick. If you watched the game close last night, Young barely had anyone touch him. He'll be running for his life every night if Texas takes him. It wouldn't be much different here. He's good enough to still make plays, but he won't be a great passer behind a patchwork line in Houston. The best thing for young would be NO. Still close to Texas, a team with a big OL, and Pro Bowl caliber WR and RB.
    Young's stock may be skyrocketing, but I don't think he's moved ahead of Brick. I think he solidified his spot as a top 5 guy. Actually, you know, I want to start another thread now. Stay tuned....
    We had subs. It was crazy.

he will be gone before our pick.

vince young is the feel good story of the day. Horay. It's like saying "Wow, I just fucked a real hot hooker. what a great way to spend a thousand dollars"

while you probably feel amazing when you blow your shit all over her feet, or boobs or ears or whatever the fucking weird shit you wtf'ers are into, you wont feel real good tomorrow when some idiot fake texan in a cowboy hat and leather pants comes to your house, hitches up your green vw passat to his "repo wagon" and hauls it away, leaving you to your dads old ten speed, or hitching a ride to work with the guy next door who itches his nutts all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Biochemical Equation
    vince young is the feel good story of the day. Horay. It's like saying "Wow, I just fucked a real hot hooker. what a great way to spend a thousand dollars"

while you probably feel amazing when you blow your shit all over her feet, or boobs or ears or whatever the fucking weird shit you wtf'ers are into, you wont feel real good tomorrow when some idiot fake texan in a cowboy hat and leather pants comes to your house, hitches up your green vw passat to his "repo wagon" and hauls it away, leaving you to your dads old ten speed, or hitching a ride to work with the guy next door who itches his nutts all the time.
    Sound's like someone had a bad hooker experience!

Syndicate Emeritus, Site Co-Founder Taymelo's Avatar
    All six of the last six Superbowl champs won with a pocket passing quarterback.

So you guys all want the Lions to draft the next Michael Vick (who gets worse each year and hasn't won squat in the NFL), huh?

Great. Its too bad Lions management is as short sighted as some of you. We'll probably end up trading a good draft pick for Aaron Brooks, because "unlike Joey, he can make stuff happen with his feet". "Stuff" of course being losing games.
    Quote Originally Posted by WH Press Sec. Tony Snow
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

All six of the last six Superbowl champs won with a pocket passing quarterback.

So you guys all want the Lions to draft the next Michael Vick (who gets worse each year and hasn't won squat in the NFL), huh?

Great. Its too bad Lions management is as short sighted as some of you. We'll probably end up trading a good draft pick for Aaron Brooks, because "unlike Joey, he can make stuff happen with his feet". "Stuff" of course being losing games.
    I don't agree with the Vick comparisions at all.

Vick has a cannon for an arm but he can't throw for shit. Young is nowhere near the runner that Vick is but he is a much better passer (even with his weird throwing motion). Vick in his two years at college had a completition percentage of 59.2 and 54 while Young in three years has 58.7, 59.2 and 65.2%. Young is more like McNair in that he can stay back in the pocket and pass and use his feet equally well.

Young is more like Randall Cunningham than Vick I think. Bigger, stronger, not as fast as Vick.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Vick will continue to falter as a QB. He is slowing down. The NFL wears on the knees and ankles and a running QB who cant throw or does not know how to correctly is going to be a bad QB unless he can learn.

Randall learned how to be a pocket passer. Randall also had a cannon compared to Young.

Young simply should be a WR in the NFL. He could be one of the best if he did that, but he would be an average QB at best.

Art
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

Syndicate Emeritus, Site Co-Founder Taymelo's Avatar
    Bottom line: Joey's a decent pocket passer - better than Super Bowl champ Trent Dilfer, that's for sure. Get him some protection and a decent scheme, and tell Dre Bly he will be suspended for conduct detrimental to the team if he opens his mouth to the media again, and move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by WH Press Sec. Tony Snow
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

Blog Entries
    Bad teams have been telling themselves that their QB is better than Trent Dilfer for years now.

Dilfer winning the Super Bowl has screwed the fans of about 15 franchises.

Dilfer should not be the standard by which Super Bowl QBs are measured.

Chuck Nevitt has some rings, too.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread