+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: index.dat files...

Re: index.dat files...

Quote Originally Posted by CM Kilo
    Is there any more actions I could take to "clean" my computer from tracking/trailing possibilities. Is it a big waste of time to even try - Is it even possible to do so??
    keep your antivirus definitions updated
    keep your anti-spyware definitions updated
    keep your Windows updated with security patches
    avoid downloading random/suspicious/unsolicited files and attachments
    run a hardware router w/ built in firewall
    run a software firewall (like zone alarm)
    run virus/spyware scans periodically

sounds like a mouthful, but those basic things will keep your PC healthy and relatively problem free.

as with nearly all things computer-related, if you build it, someone can hack it. nothing is 100%.

Blog Entries
    staying away from RealGM will help you cut down on your spyware a tremendous amount

no joke
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by H1Man
    The only thing that Mac's have going for them is the fact that they look prettier (as is every Apple product).

Other than that, PCs are better in every aspect.
    Nope. Macs are better integrated and streamlined than PC's. That's why a 1.47ghz PowrPC is faster than a 3ghz intel or AMD box. It's less about the processor and more about how everything is routed. A mac takes far less steps to perform a function than most PCs.

As for spyware. Well, now that the Mac OS in Unix based (has been for a while), it's more vulnerable to spyware than before. I use NetBarrier. It stops portscans and pings pretty damn well.

Quote Originally Posted by dennymclain
    The only thing that Mac's have going for them is the fact that they look prettier (as is every Apple product).

Nope. Macs are better integrated and streamlined than PC's. That's why a 1.47ghz PowrPC is faster than a 3ghz intel or AMD box. It's less about the processor and more about how everything is routed. A mac takes far less steps to perform a function than most PCs.

As for spyware. Well, now that the Mac OS in Unix based (has been for a while), it's more vulnerable to spyware than before. I use NetBarrier. It stops portscans and pings pretty damn well.
    Yeah, Macs are better integrated because Apple makes all the hardware but no way in fucking hell are they faster than PC's. I will guarantee it. I went through enough benchmarks to know that a Mac can't touch a PC when it comes to raw speed and performance. Besides, wouldn't you think there would be a lot more people using a 1.47Ghz PowerPC if it offers better performance than a 3Ghz Intel/AMD?

Just kickin' back on the seven seas of smoothness.
    Quote Originally Posted by dennymclain

Yeah, Macs are better integrated because Apple makes all the hardware but no way in fucking hell are they faster than PC's. I will guarantee it. I went through enough benchmarks to know that a Mac can't touch a PC when it comes to raw speed and performance. Besides, wouldn't you think there would be a lot more people using a 1.47Ghz PowerPC if it offers better performance than a 3Ghz Intel/AMD?
    PC's are definitely faster, but Mac's are more stable and you can run them really hard without it totally taking a dump on you.

+ Reply to Thread