+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Official Detroit Titan basketball thread

Quote Originally Posted by DetTitan
    Quote Originally Posted by theMUHMEshow
    I love Titan ball and I think they should be more popular than they are...
    What do you think can be done to get more people out. Of course more consistant winning would bring more people. But even back during the days of Rashad they were getting 5,000 to my knowledge. And those were good crowds, but not sellouts.
    They need to do something to promotional wise to get people out there. Once people get their ass in the seats I think they will enjoy their time and actually want to come back again. Give ticktets away to games...hawk the two SPORTS stations here and give them tickets

I love the Titans. Great program there.

They have a good future and a beautiful court.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MOLA1
    I love the Titans. Great program there.

They have a good future and a beautiful court.
    I remember them, as well.
    Find a new slant.

Glenn, there is a game tonight 7 pm vs. Loyola Chicago. There is also a game on Saturday at 4 pm against Youngstown St. Parking is three bucks unless you are a student or a faculty, in which case it is free. Students get free tickets too. Tickets run 7 dollars or 10 dollars I believe. There is not a bad seat in the house.

Hey, I was kidding! I love all my Michigan teams. I was really into UD when they had JJ and that 5'5 AI looking guy back in the day. Those were good times.

And TO is coming to Detroit? That's pretty cool. I wonder what ties he has to Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by George Dubya Bush
    Hey, I was kidding! I love all my Michigan teams. I was really into UD when they had JJ and that 5'5 AI looking guy back in the day. Those were good times.

And TO is coming to Detroit? That's pretty cool. I wonder what ties he has to Detroit.
    It is a super bowl event and since we are in the city of detroit we are helping alot with the superbowl.

I believe the name you are looking for is Rashad Phillips, the schools all-time leading scorer. he was 5'10". Too bad he never made it into an nba game. He was in the Bobcats training camp last year. He plays over in Europe now.

Willie Green was a heck of a player too. He was just about to sign a 20 million dollar 6 year deal but hurt his leg in a summer league and will miss most of this season. The contract was voided because he hadnt officially signed it yet.

I'm not hating, but I've got a one word question. Why? DetTitan, do you play for them or are you just a big fan? Just curious, you don't see too many hardcore UDM fans.

A couple of random thoughts:

*Rashad Philips was frickin' tight. I remember picking Detroit to go to the Sweet Sixteen in my NCAA board when I was in high school.

*Also, when the opposing team turns the ball over at a home game does the announcer yell "DEEEEEEEEEEETROIT BAAAAAAASKETBAAAAAALLLL!?" That's all I could think of when I saw your sig.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Hey Mood, I often overlook the Titans but I wonder if it's because we live in Saginaw. I could get hyped if Central was good at anything and I'm certainly feeling SVSU football. It's possible that people who live closer to Detroit would actually like UDM. Keep in mind that the majority of the posters here are much closer to Detroit than we are.

My only question is: with all the pimp players UDM has, why are they below .500? They aren't out playing the most difficult schedule in the world. Maybe signing the little brothers of NBA players isn't exactly the best recruiting philosophy.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

I don't play for them, but I am on the student spirit action committee. I am a HUGE fan. Our announcer doesnt say that. But we are the original basketball program in the city.

We have some good players but we have been playing without 2 of our best players. They are out for the year. Horizon League First Team all defense Ryvon Covile. He also is decent inside and clogs the lane with his size. But he hurt his knee in the offseason. Brandon Bell , a transfer from marquette, hurt his achillies and is out for the year.

We just got to 8-8 and have played some tough opponants. Louisville (lost by 8 at Freedom Hall) , Oklahoma State, South Carolina, Buffalo, Drake, Ohio, Missouri State (very underated team). we are now 2-1 in conference. Hope some of you can make it on Saturday at 4 pm.

Blog Entries
    Jeth,

Do you ever go to the Delta games?

I went to one when I lived in Saginaw, when they won the JUCO National Championship. Musta been about 1992ish?

Anyways, I'm joking, I wouldn't expect anyone but the immediate family of the players to go see them play, since Delta is just high school with ashtrays.

But there were probably 2,000 or so people at the game that I went to.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread