+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 134
FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 ... LastLast

Thread: "Things I don't get"

Thing 'you' don't get...

We get up at 3am to go Duck hunting. We are in a cold, wet duck tank and its generally raining, windy and just generally shitty outside. And it isn't even light out yet. Yes, we need a little pick me up. Also, blackberry liquer brandy is a nice way to see the sunrise with a shotgun and 3.5 inch magnums loaded.
    Players meeting my ASS!

I don't get this guy:

WASHINGTON (CNN) — Voters ask a lot of the nation’s White House hopefuls, but Democrat Hillary Clinton looked particularly taken aback by a request from one attendee at a Friday campaign event in the Los Angeles area.
    "Hillary, marry me, baby," a man yelled at the New York senator as she finished her economic address and prepared to take questions.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Dude was planted there by Bill Clinton.

Flew US Airways last night. They handed out little bags of pretzels, which they do instead of Peanuts now as we all know because of the peanut allergies. Nice thought, even though some dry roasted peanuts sounded good at the time.

So I'm reading the bag as I snack and notice the following warning on the bag:

"Pretzels were processed in a plant that processes peanuts and other nuts"

WTF?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    I don't get how microwave ovens work.

I'm just very glad that they do.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Flew US Airways last night. They handed out little bags of pretzels, which they do instead of Peanuts now as we all know because of the peanut allergies. Nice thought, even though some dry roasted peanuts sounded good at the time.

So I'm reading the bag as I snack and notice the following warning on the bag:

"Pretzels were processed in a plant that processes peanuts and other nuts"

WTF?
    Some people are allergic just to the smell, so something that has a gazillion times less particulates in the air is good. I suspect pretzels are cheaper, and I've gotten pretzels on America West (now USAir) flights for a decade or so.

It's nothing against the pretzels themselves. But why use ones you need a warning on?

Would you want blood with a warning label saying "filtered and stored in a blood bank that contains HIV infected blood"?

The pretzels just seem a little counterproductive if you need a warning on them anyway.

Would you want blood with a warning label saying "filtered and stored in a blood bank that contains HIV infected blood"?
    No, and as I found out with a family member recently -- there are blood waivers some hospitals (maybe some states?) need you to sign, saying that you accept the risk that the blood bank might conceivably have bad blood (HIV, HepC) in it. Heartwarming, eh?

It's nothing against the pretzels themselves. But why use ones you need a warning on?

The pretzels just seem a little counterproductive if you need a warning on them anyway.
    In some states you need to label all foodstuffs that are produced in/with/on equipment featuring peanuts if the ingredients on the label don't include peanuts. Supposing the airline flies to those states it may be a requirement, and if an airline can save 1 cent per bag of pretzels by using universal packaging, that may be $100,000 a year.

That's not the point. If the reason you don't use peanuts is because people are deathly allergic, and then you use another product made in the same plant, isn't that counter productive? My point is that they should be using pretzels not processed in the same plant. OR, if it makes no difference (because they are done on a different machine, room, whatever) then that label should not be on any bags in any states. It seems to me like this would be an FDA thing, and country wide. Get that label off there, or don't use those pretzels.

I was just pointing out something ironic. Tough crowd.

+ Reply to Thread