+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 134
FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast

Thread: "Things I don't get"

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny
    Did you just quote a meatloaf song while talking about beer? BANNNNN. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!
    I disagree Vinny. It just goes to show the versatility of BEER that it can be incorporated into any context; it's that important.
    That Mich was able to artfully work in that Meatloaf song also shows his versatility and intelligence.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Blog Entries
    I love beer because my battered girlfriend chooses to not hate the playa, but hate the game.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny
    Did you just quote a meatloaf song while talking about beer? BANNNNN. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!
    Laugh all you want, but that silly fat fuck sings his heart and several other organs out on every single song. If I gotta listen to pop love ballads and you give me the choice between Enrique Iglesias and Meat Loaf, I'll have the Meat Loaf please. Don't hate on me because I'm man enough to admit it.

NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH Uncle Mxy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mich & Tele
    I know I'm about to mark myself, but I don't get beer at all.
    Co-signed!

I can drink and enjoy many kinds of alcoholic beverage in moderation, from Long Islands and cognacs that put hair on your chest, to lightweight stuff like a Pinot Grigio white wine that won't. But I can't get into beer.

And you know what it all tastes like to me? Beer. The part of my tongue that differentiates one beer from another is broken. I don't understand why it would be just this one thing I could never grow into.
    Yessir!

Beer as a seasoning is ok at times. I'll go for beer-battered fish & chips, for example. But drinking it just doesn't give me much pleasure. I've nursed my way through one glass of most popular flavors of beer over the years, hoping to find something that wouldn't give me that "eww, beer" taste.

FWIW, I have a similar reaction to coffee, but not most caffeine delivery mecahnisms. About the only time I might order a coffee is in the context of oriental iced coffee, but even then, I'm just experimenting.

I love the beer battered fish and chips, except for two things: The batter and the fish. So I skip that part.

look at this caca water, it's disgusting!
    I have much respect for people who enjoy beer. If they like to drink Budweiser, I think, "good for them," even though Budweiser is pretty gross even to people who like beer. So in my earnest attempt to not look like a total vagina, I've worked very hard over the years to cultivate a taste for other manly alcoholic beverages.

The problem is, there aren't that many alcoholic beverages that have a distinctly manly style.

* Rum reminds me of pirates (pretty manly) but it also reminds me of the Kids In The Hall sketch "Girl Drink Drunk" where Kevin MacDonald is supposed to be at a meeting at work, but instead he's locked himself in a closet with a blender and a coconut (not manly).

* Vodka reminds me of Russian gangsters (manly) but it also reminds me of cosmopolitans and Sex In The City (not at all manly).

* Bourbon reminds me of rednecks racing their cars off cliffs (manly) but it also reminds me of Southern Comfort, which is seriously the most god-awfully sweet teenage party liquor in the history of the world (not manly).

* Wine is good. I like wine a lot. I drink a ton of it. But I'm not going to pretend it's manly. It's something I drink with my friends when we have to admit that we're too old to have real fun anymore.

* Tequila is damn strong, and it makes me vomit (manly) but it also seems to make college girls go bisexual (not manly, but thank you Jesus).

So I've settled on the fact that there are 2 other liquors that you can drink and still prove your manhood: scotch whiskey and gin.

* Scotch whiskey is a punishing liquor. Everyone's got a story about how they lost control over some bodily function or another while drinking scotch whiskey. Girls don't touch scotch because generally, they can get just as drunk drinking Amaretto sours. And let's face it, a person who's drunk on scotch stinks of it for miles.

* Gin. Gin may be the manliest drink in the world, maybe even more than beer. It tastes like jet fuel mixed with Pine-Sol. It also gives you Gin Face. If you're not familiar with Gin Face, it's the face you make when you're wondering "god damn, why did I swallow that? That's got to be poison." Anyone can look and talk like Clint Eastwood. All it takes is gin.

Blog Entries
    ^That's funny

What's your take on Jagermeister?
    Find a new slant.

Budweiser is one of the top selling beers. So its not gross to peeps who drink beer. Its a domestic beer and now that the micros are taking over it doesn't have the market share it once did, but I'm thinking all the peeps that are buying it aren't spending all that money and watering their lawn with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe
    Budweiser is one of the top selling beers. So its not gross to peeps who drink beer. Its a domestic beer and now that the micros are taking over it doesn't have the market share it once did, but I'm thinking all the peeps that are buying it aren't spending all that money and watering their lawn with it.
    I'm not saying it isn't popular. I'm just saying people got suckered into getting hooked on it. Millions of people pay $25 a month for AOL dial up too, that doesn't make it a good product. It just means they are good at marketing it.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I like the "Gin Face", but I've always thought it makes you look like Chalres Bronson taking a shit.

+ Reply to Thread