+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 134
FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: "Things I don't get"

Blog Entries
    I don't get those roadside speed meters that the cops set up.

How many cars do they sell these days without dash speedometers?

I KNOW HOW FAST I WAS FUCKING GOING!!
    Find a new slant.

Blog Entries
    Another one...

I don't get when the media/sportscasters use historical data that is obviously irrelevant to the matchup at hand. They then try and make some kind of logical correllation about how that stat might effect the outcome of the game.

EXAMPLE:

Announcer: I think that people may be underestimating the Steelers this weekend. The Steelers are 4-0 all time aginst the Colts in the playoffs. Maybe you remember the last time they played in 1995, when Jim Harbaugh almost led the Colts to the Super Bowl with a last minute controversial play in the end zone.

Me: HOW THE FUCK DOES WHAT HAPPENED IN 1995 BETWEEN TWO TEAMS THAT NOW HAVE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PLAYERS HAVE ANY EFFECT ON A GAME THIS WEEKEND????

FUCK!!!!

This is just one example, it happens all the time. Listen for it.
    Find a new slant.

I don't understand why every time the Pistons and the Spurs play, they have to find another storyline involving Kobe to talk about.

Christmas Day: Kobe vs. Shaq round 3!!!!!!

Last night: Kobe vs. Lebron round 12!!!!!

June's NBA Finals: Where's Kobe???

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Syndicate Emeritus, Site Co-Founder Taymelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Another one...

I don't get when the media/sportscasters use historical data that is obviously irrelevant to the matchup at hand. They then try and make some kind of logical correllation about how that stat might effect the outcome of the game.
    No shit. The most irrelevant stat. They use it on the Pistons all the time. For some reason, since Literial Green, Ben Coleman, Lue Roe, and Charles Smith couldn't get it done against Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen, there's no chance this year's Pistons can win in Chicago, etc. etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by WH Press Sec. Tony Snow
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

To add to that, why sportscaster must repeat the same information over and over and over and over again.

Example:

"Well Steve, you know that Matt Trannon played football for the Spartans and that Izzo loves his toughness"

Fuck me already. Every MSU game we have to hear this garbage. You would think that anyone with a pulse would know that by now. Fuck.

Famous Bill Walton quotes:

"Shaq's arrogance is an insult to people who think."

Bill: "What, Phoenix? Are they still paying you?"
    Jalen: "Yeah, under the table."
    Bill: "Yeah, just like at Michigan."

“Oh my, Kobe is really putting on a show out there. He’s making Ray Allen look like a sixth grader!”

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    I don't understand why every time the Pistons and the Spurs play, they have to find another storyline involving Kobe to talk about.

Christmas Day: Kobe vs. Shaq round 3!!!!!!

Last night: Kobe vs. Lebron round 12!!!!!
    Because people don't want to be put to sleep.

Blog Entries
    I don't get why the NFL even has instant reply if they aren't going to even look at it during a review.

I also don't get why sports fans throw heavy objects at their expensive television screens when they get angry. (my bro-in-law threw his shoe at his 65" Sony yesterday during the Steelers game).
    Find a new slant.

I don't get why announcer have to point out obvious stats either.

Teams are 14-0 this year when they rush the ball 30+ times in a game..... As if they won because they rushed the ball 30 times when, in fact, teams that are winning usually rush the ball.

or the oppositse......

Teams that pass 50+ times a game are 3-17. Yeah, no shit. No One passes that much unless they are down a great deal.

I also don't get why the gym that I go to is on the 2nd floor and people wait for the damn elevator to come down instead of walking up the damn stairs. You are going to workout, correct? Quit being so damn lazy.
    I do so love a train wreck.
    People love train wrecks.

Syndicate Emeritus, Site Co-Founder Taymelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck

Teams are 14-0 this year when they rush the ball 30+ times in a game..... As if they won because they rushed the ball 30 times when, in fact, teams that are winning usually rush the ball.

or the oppositse......

Teams that pass 50+ times a game are 3-17. Yeah, no shit. No One passes that much unless they are down a great deal.

I also don't get why the gym that I go to is on the 2nd floor and people wait for the damn elevator to come down instead of walking up the damn stairs. You are going to workout, correct? Quit being so damn lazy.
    Both excellent points.

You run when you're up and pass when you're losing by several points... and you should walk the stairs not only when working out, but new issue - what about when people are in ANY building, and wait 5 minutes for the elevator from the 1st to 2nd floor, or even worse, from the 2nd to 1st floor.

Why not just kill yourselves now, and avoid the heart disease?
    Quote Originally Posted by WH Press Sec. Tony Snow
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck

or the oppositse......

Both excellent points.

You run when you're up and pass when you're losing by several points... and you should walk the stairs not only when working out, but new issue - what about when people are in ANY building, and wait 5 minutes for the elevator from the 1st to 2nd floor, or even worse, from the 2nd to 1st floor.

Why not just kill yourselves now, and avoid the heart disease?
    Yeah, it bothers me when anyone does it in any building but especially when the only thing on the second floor is a freakin gym. I personally hate elevators.
    I do so love a train wreck.
    People love train wrecks.

+ Reply to Thread