+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: spurs won't get to the finals. (old thread)

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    Josh Howard's a baller, don't underrate the Mavs. I'd say Howard's even their second best player.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

once upon a time i was falling in love, now i'm fucking falling apart
    I think the Spurs will still make it. Popovich always makes them work in the playoffs, and Avery is just beginning his run. Experience here.

I'd rather face the Spurs. They're the closest clones of us, and there's no way they'll shoot 80% from the field and just light us up. Dallas has a lot of firepower and youth, but as defensive stoppers...

I'll have to see next time we face the Mavs :lol:

No props for Memphis here? I really think any of the 4 teams of Dallas, San Antonio, Phoenix, and Memphis can win the west and even the NBA title.

They way I see it, there are 6 elite teams in the NBA.

1. Detroit
    2. San Antonio
    3. Dallas
    4. Memphis
    5. Miami (If Wade plays like he did last night, and White chocolate, and if shaq can put in 20 a game, this team scares the shit out of me. But they have to be perfect.)
    6. Phoenix.

Not after Damon got sniped.

memphis is the cleveland of the west.

they're good but they're not THAT good.
    k

Quote Originally Posted by MOLA1
    Well, they're the only 2 teams I'm worried about and honestly
    I'd rather face the Spurs. You'd have to be a fool to look at Dallas'
    roster and not notice their depth. They don't have any great players?
    All they have is a bunch, and I mean a BUNCH of good players.
    That scares me.
    dirk is a great plalyer, and josh howard continues to improve. id rank him above jason terry or anybody else on that squad.

that being said, the author of this thread is right in the way that the mavs are hungry, and you can see that when they play.

The pistons can take either team, especially with home court advantage, which is what this furious start ensures.

To me, Detroit and San Antonio are the only championship teams. It's kind of like those two teams are Godzilla and Rodan, while the rest of the league are civilians, with Miami as the Big Show.

Dallas needs one more year(Cleveland 2-3). Phoenix is waaaaaaaaaay too one-dimensional to be taken serious.

And who said Memphis? rofl They're best player is a psuedo All-Star and the rest of the team is filled with 30 year old hasbeens and neverweres.

spurs are alot better than dallas, and they will beat them in 5 games

Welcome to Detroit...Oregon. Home to Detroit Lake and nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by vinny
    Josh Howard's a baller, don't underrate the Mavs. I'd say Howard's even their second best player.
    That's because he is by a long shot. If Daniels or Terry showed up every night, they'd give him a run for his money.

Guys, the Spurs are going back. Let's not kid ourselves. The Suns are not that great. The Clippers will falter again, like last year. The Rockets won't get back up to speed. The Mavs can only do so much before Poppovich turns it up.

Archie's right. Hope you guys don't mind seeing SA again.

:lol: at Memphis. They're good, but too damn inconsistent to maintain themselves in the playoffs. Plus, they have no C.
    [img]i17.tinypic.com/5z1kqq8.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Gl'enn
    Shawn Bradley leaving the Mavs and the team improving is completely coincidental.

Just wanted to add that.

My Western Conf Power Rankings
    1. Spurs
    2. Mavs
    3. Suns

no reason to list any more than that

+ Reply to Thread