+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: spurs won't get to the finals. (old thread)

spurs won't get to the finals. (old thread)

i'm going to say it first. I don't think the spurs will make it. The mavericks are better then them. They are younger, deeper and much more hungry.
    k

Spurs are better than the Mavs.

Mavs are deeper but why does youth have anything to do with the Finals? Wouldnt you want a team with more playogg experience?

MAvs are deeper but the Spurs are simply better. OUtside of Dirk, JAson Terry is the next best player...Holy shit that says alot.

1. Mavs have a group of guys who are between good to ok, no great sexy players.

2. Mavs 3rd best player is Dampier

Well, they're the only 2 teams I'm worried about and honestly
    I'd rather face the Spurs. You'd have to be a fool to look at Dallas'
    roster and not notice their depth. They don't have any great players?
    All they have is a bunch, and I mean a BUNCH of good players.
    That scares me.

"I don't know that I'm ever not gonna want to play."
    This just in: Big German dudes scare MOLA1.

Spurs are very deep too (on the wings anyway). I like our chances against both though because neither team can contain Sheed/Dyess in the post if we are detirmined to ride them. Also, neither has a defensive PG to match up with Billups.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Blog Entries
    Shawn Bradley leaving the Mavs and the team improving is completely coincidental.

Just wanted to add that.

My Western Conf Power Rankings
    1. Spurs
    2. Mavs
    3. Suns

no reason to list any more than that
    Find a new slant.

We're better than everyone, but that doesn't mean we don't have comp.

I would rather play the Mavs than the Spurs. Mavs are less battle-tested. And anyway I think picking the Mavs to beat the Spurs is a bit like picking Miami to beat the Pistons. Probably the media would like to see some fresh blood in the finals, but a couple of bruisers like SA and DET couldn't care less about fresh storytelling. The only story that matters is their own.

I picked the spurs and pistons to meet in the finals again this year. But to tell you the truth, i'd much rather see the Mavs.

Devin Harris always kills us. The thing with Dallas is you never know whos gonna be the 2nd scorer to Dirk. Sometimes its Howard then Daniels, Terry, Harris, blah blah. But in SA you always know it will be Parker or Ginobili.

I think the depth on those two teams are equal.

Coaching, Johnson is a hell of a coach, but Pop knows how to get it done.

I think Dallas can give SA a challenge, but SA has better preformers in the playoffs plus Big Shot Bob (:roll So I think the Spurs will be in the finals.

+ Reply to Thread