+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Kalin Lucas Verbals to MSU

One huge benefit to the new and improved WTF is that mods get all the functionality they should have had to begin with. Therefore, both Kalin Lucas threads ahve been merged and the "YUCK" and "YES" will have to simply be a part of your posts and not part of the thread title.

Proceed.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Way to go SUPERMODS....awful lot of time on your hands to worry about titles of threads..lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31
    God, that sucks. We were off to a great start with Lucas and now he's committed to State, Summers left us off his list of top schools after Legion's commitment, and we're not even a blip on Tucker's radar. I thought after Legion committed that we'd get rolling, but for some reason things have gone downhill from there. :shock: Shocking. I wonder if it has anything to do with our recruiting approach. I went to the big game last week between Orchard Lake St. Mary's (Lucas) and Arthur Hill (Tucker). As I walk in the gym, who do I see? None other than Tom Izzo. I look around for Tommy Amaker, nowhere to be found. About 30 minutes later, Michigan's assistant coach Mike Jackson walks in. I mean, it's probably as big as games get, it's less than an hour and a half from Ann Arbor and TA does not show. Disgusting. ukeright:
    Michigan is the gangster hoops program in the state of michigan. I think people realize that now, and MSU is nothing but class.

UofM has football though, right?

I noticed some talk about Legion's negative impact on recruiting above. It seems that, that is the case. I didn't mention this to some of my Wolverine boys earlier because I didn't want to sound like sour grapes, but I've been hearing alot about Legion.

Dar apparently dislikes Legion and the two didn't always get along on the court in AAU play. Legion supposably dominates the ball a lot and is kindof a "Me" guy.

My Dad was talking to Izzo at the Lucas/Dar game about recruiting. Izzo said that Legion is strictly a shooter. He's all about getting his points and that rubs some guys the wrong way. He coasts on D and does little on the court other than shoot. He said that the big programs are all over Dar right now because of his ability to not just score, but play defense and average double figures in rebounds every night. Tubby Smith has been all over Dar for the past year because of this.

It's too bad Legion chose Michigan. Sounds like he needed a coach that would teach him to become an all around player. Mark my words, this is a Roberson situation all over again. A talented player that "could have" been very good given the right coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    My Dad was talking to Izzo at the Lucas/Dar game about recruiting. Izzo said that Legion is strictly a shooter. He's all about getting his points and that rubs some guys the wrong way. He coasts on D and does little on the court other than shoot. He said that the big programs are all over Dar right now because of his ability to not just score, but play defense and average double figures in rebounds every night. Tubby Smith has been all over Dar for the past year because of this.

It's too bad Legion chose Michigan. Sounds like he needed a coach that would teach him to become an all around player. Mark my words, this is a Roberson situation all over again. A talented player that "could have" been very good given the right coaching.
    It's interesting to me that Izzo feels this way about Legion and they still offered him a scholarship. :scratch:

Also, what is Dar going to play in college? He's a dominant high school player, but it seems like he's not big enough to play post in college and lacks the perimeter skills to play guard.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31
    Also, what is Dar going to play in college? He's a dominant high school player, but it seems like he's not big enough to play post in college and lacks the perimeter skills to play guard.
    He's a straight up collegiate small forward ala Jason Richardson.

JR had a shaky handle too when he was younger but when you have THAT much athleticism, temporary flaws like a loose handle are easy to look past.

I personally like Darquavius more than Durrell, I think he has that much potential. That game he played last year against Tory Jackson's team when Dar put up something like 36 points and 26 rebounds...just an insane display of skills for a kid who's just 6'4"/6'5". :shock:

It's interesting to me that Izzo feels this way about Legion and they still offered him a scholarship.

Moodini, the reason he offered him is because he felt he could change him. Much like he did with Ager. Ager was just like Legion out of h.s., now look at him. Amaker doesn't exactly have a history of molding a player. Horton anyone?

As far as Dar goes, he'll be an amazing shooting guard in college. The game you saw, they tried posting him up. That's not really his game. Most of the time he's around the perimeter, shooting 3's, and breaking guys down off the dribble. If he can play the 2 spot against Saginaw High and put up 42 pts, 18 boards, and 12 blocks :shock: ....I'm confident in his ability to grow into a Big Ten shooting guard.

still really feeling this thread :lol:

+ Reply to Thread