+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kalin Lucas Verbals to MSU

Yeah, for all the praise Amaker gets as a recruiter, I'm not seeing it. Sure, he brings in guys that the program doesn't deserve - so something is happening - but he can't just send his boys. I mean, I have no evidence that says Sims and Legion wouldn't have come to Michigan even if Brian Ellerbee was still the coach. TA needs to get traveling. Go ahead and bring Mike Jackson with you if he's the magic, but make an appearance. I can't think of any other game that night he should have been at.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

The biggest problem in the state of michigan right now with regards to recruiting is the AAU problem.

I am not worried. Michigan goes to the tourney and Michigan will not have such a hard time recruiting. Winning cures these things.

Art
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31
    Summers left us off his list of top schools after Legion's commitment, and we're not even a blip on Tucker's radar. I thought after Legion committed that we'd get rolling, but for some reason things have gone downhill from there.
    TIFWIW but some folks in the know have been saying that some of the other top 2007 recruits (translation: Tucker and Summers) aren't exactly fond of Legion's in-game attitude, saying that he's dominates the ball too much for their taste. IMHO Michigan lost their ONLY chance at getting Summers when Lucas committed to MSU. Obviously it's a moot point now but Kalin's presence might've been able to trump any bad blood out there as DS & KL are really tight.

But about Amaker not being at the Arthur Hill/OLSM game, college coaches only have so many contacts and evaluations, I believe the number is five, allowed per season. And perhaps he was planning on seeing Kalin at another venue or just maybe he had already used up his five on Legion in getting him to commit and in turn was prevented from going to the game to see Lucas or else it would've broken the rules (since Legion was also playing).

Legion wasn't playing though, it was Lucas vs. Tucker. But who knows. It's just that other than Sims and Legion, our recruiting over the last 3 years has been pretty dissapointing and I think we'll be paying the price down the line.

Michigan's recent recruiting classes;

2007-Legion-SG-(*****)
    2006-Sims-SF/PF-(****), K'len Morris-SG/SF-(***)
    2005-Jerret Smith-PG-(***), Jevohn Shepherd-SG-(***), Kendric Price-SF(***)
    2004-Ron Coleman-SG/SF-(***)

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Legion wasn't playing though, it was Lucas vs. Tucker.
    Oh yeah may bad, I was thinking about this game for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by JackTalkThai
    Legion wasn't playing though, it was Lucas vs. Tucker.
    Oh yeah may bad, I was thinking about this game for some reason.

That game was a few nights before the Arthur Hill game.

Art, can you give more details about the AAU problem? I wasn't aware there was a problem. I only know which AAU teams these guys play for. For anyone that doesn't know, Lucas and Summers both play for "The Family" and Legion and Tucker play for the Michigan Hurricanes. The other main AAU team in the state is the Michigan Mustangs. I'm not aware of any others that are high profile.

FINALLY the fast break, slam dunking brand of offense that Izzo has been coaching for years is beginning to receive more recognition in the recruiting world than the hard to get rid of, football-on-the-hardcourt label.

Watching Michigan State zip up and down the floor on fast break after fast break in a blowout of Wichita State, "I was like, 'Dang, they just push the ball up the floor all the time,'" recalled Lucas. "This is my style, this is the style I want to play."
    It's about time.

Can you just imagine Kalin's speed and handle leading Izzo's fast break? :shock:

Quote Originally Posted by JackTalkThai
    Can you just imagine Kalin's speed and handle leading Izzo's fast break? :shock:
    ukeright:
    That's all I've got to say.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

It's disgusting how fast Lucas is. I'm not going to enjoy him burning Michigan PG's on a regular basis. Quick, anyone, can Carlos Brown play basketball? Please?

Kalin Lucas Verbals to MSU...YES!

I'm not about to let a UM fan put a "YUCK" on the thread regarding Lucas' commitment. This is absolutely huge and we could be looking at the first piece in an Ohio State type of situation. I would not be one bit surprised if Summers and Tucker commit to MSU now.

I watched Tucker and Lucas in person the other night one row behind Tom Izzo. Lucas was the quickest/fastest guard I've ever seen in high school and that's saying alot because I've seen some good ones living in the heart of the Saginaw Valley league. My UM boys agreed at the game.

During the game, Jim Boylen turned around and said, "He fits into our system perfectly." And I couldn't agree more. Yes that's right. MSU sends Tom Izzo and #1 assistant Boylen to the game to recruit. UM had 1 assistant there. Just goes to show why the programs are where they are. Izzo works his ass off.

Kalin a Spartan! YO!

+ Reply to Thread