+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kalin Lucas Verbals to MSU

Kalin Lucas Verbals to MSU

Bitch...

From Rivals.com

The juniors just keep on dropping. Kalin Lucas, a 6-foot, 165-pound point guard from St. Mary's High School in Orchard Lake, Mich., made a verbal commitment on Thursday afternoon to a Big Ten program.

Kalin Lucas is a huge get for Michigan State.
    Lucas, the No. 28 ranked in the class of 2007, is headed to Michigan State after driving to East Lansing and committing in person to the Spartan program.

"I told coach (Tom) Izzo that I was ready to play for him," Lucas said. "So the first thing he started to do was start hollering and jumping up and done. He grabbed me and gave me a bug hug. My little brother thought something was wrong with him."

There is plenty of reason for Izzo to be excited. Lucas is a huge in-state get in a talented Michigan pool of players. Michigan landed Alex Legion earlier in the season and Lucas decided that he was ready to follow suit.

"I've been thinking about it for a while now and I sat down and talked to my parents and decided to do it now," Lucas said. "I figured why wait so we decided to get it done."

Now that he's a committed man, Lucas is looking forward to play recruiter himself. His first call since committing went to Durrell Summers, a five-star guard from Detroit.

"I just hung up with him," Lucas said. "I told him that I committed to Michigan State and asked him if he wanted to come to there with me to win a National Championship."

Lucas has that same kind of impact on a team that former Spartan Mateen Cleaves had. A better athlete and shooter, Lucas and a player like Summers or Georgia shooting guard Chris Allen, a top MSU target in 2007, would be a deadly duo in the backcourt.

Watching guys like Cleaves shine at the college level and onto the pros was a major factor in his decision, he said.

"It did a lot," Lucas said of MSU's guard history. "They let their point guards play and he does a good job of getting them to the NBA. I hope he can do that with me."

Wow. Dar Tucker not even mentioned. A guy like Dar could let that get to his head if he feels like he's priority #4 in a crowded backcourt of recruits. Lucas calls Summers and not him. The rest of the talk is Chris Allen. Alex Legion better call up his Michigan Hurricanes buddy Dar and get it rollin.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    Wow. Dar Tucker not even mentioned. A guy like Dar could let that get to his head if he feels like he's priority #4 in a crowded backcourt of recruits. Lucas calls Summers and not him. The rest of the talk is Chris Allen. Alex Legion better call up his Michigan Hurricanes buddy Dar and get it rollin.
    I've been telling you, from following Izzo's recruiting trail pretty damn closely, his top targets in order of his drothers are...

1) Durrell Summers
    2) Kalin Lucas
    3) Chris Allen
    4) Dar Tucker

Now I don't know if I entirely agree with it as I LOVE athletic guards who can score and rebound with reckless abandon like Tucker can...but to those in the know the situation unfortunately appears to be like I stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    Yes sir!
    Says the kid that doesn't know crap about college sports until he reads it here.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    Yes sir!
    Says the kid that doesn't know crap about college sports until he reads it here.
    Yeah I dont know anything

:roll:

shitty thing is he willl probably play under god damn nitzel. Hate that fucker.

shitty thing is he willl probably play under god damn nitzel. Hate that fucker.
    Your spelling is as shitty as your bball knowledge.

Neitzel will be a senior when Kalin is a freshman. Walton will be a junior.

Both will play ahead of Lucas...and for good reason. Don't worry though, if he's good enough to play as a rookie, Izzo will find time for him.

God, that sucks. We were off to a great start with Lucas and now he's committed to State, Summers left us off his list of top schools after Legion's commitment, and we're not even a blip on Tucker's radar. I thought after Legion committed that we'd get rolling, but for some reason things have gone downhill from there. :shock: Shocking. I wonder if it has anything to do with our recruiting approach. I went to the big game last week between Orchard Lake St. Mary's (Lucas) and Arthur Hill (Tucker). As I walk in the gym, who do I see? None other than Tom Izzo. I look around for Tommy Amaker, nowhere to be found. About 30 minutes later, Michigan's assistant coach Mike Jackson walks in. I mean, it's probably as big as games get, it's less than an hour and a half from Ann Arbor and TA does not show. Disgusting. ukeright:

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

+ Reply to Thread