+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Has This site lost its touch?

"I don't know that I'm ever not gonna want to play."
    Why do I suddenly feel like I live in a van down by the river?

I know you're frustrated, Glenn. Keep on punching, Apollo. Cliffy is just mad because the hockey forum has found a new life without him. You know....hockey? They play it on ice with skates and sticks? There's a puck involved? Anyone.......?

OH FUCK YOU GUYS!!!

I like the new site. No complaints.

Cliffy has been pms-ing a bit lately, IMO, but that's okay. He's a very funny guy, and I'll take the good with the bad.

In theory, this site is supposed to be everything we've ever wanted -- all the people we like w/out the constraints and petty politics of RGM. No Howard Mass, no Cowology. Maybe we're inventing feuds to make things more interesting.

"I don't know that I'm ever not gonna want to play."
    Familiarity breeds contempt. It's that simple.

Cliffy,

Thanks for everything that you've done to get us back up and running.
    From a technical standpoint, you've helped out alot. I appreciate that.

Now if nobody else is going to say it, I will. You're being a little "funny
    style" in coming with the same shit we were going to come out with before
    our site crashed. I appreciate all of your help, but you've been acting
    very shady lately about trying to come with this shit and become the
    "Official" backup site. I don't appreciate your actions as of late at all.

Your WTF back up was tight. After all, this isn't called MOLA1.com.
    This is a site for everyone. Iamme has put in the most work and his site rivals
    detroitpistons.com even. He has us up there as the number 1 spot to talk sports
    online. Why is that? Cause we have bells and whistles? No. The reason is,
    we have AMAZING posters, some of which are great friends. The only 20
    group we even remotely have here are old friends from TOS and other joints.
    The other posters are stepping up so much that they've turned it in to a 70 group.

Our new site has been up for roughly a week and we're already slammin.

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!! :brave:

Well I agree with Cliffy, I seem to have fallen a bit out of touch and that may be why i feel a bit disoriented while I spend time here.

There is most definently an inner circle though with the regulars, and it may just scare a few people away, who knows.

The first sign of a fascist dictatorship is circling the wagons and devouring anybody who may question the regime.

I'm just saying is all.

Quote Originally Posted by MOLA1
    Cliffy,

Thanks for everything that you've done to get us back up and running.
    From a technical standpoint, you've helped out alot. I appreciate that.

Now if nobody else is going to say it, I will. You're being a little "funny
    style" in coming with the same shit we were going to come out with before
    our site crashed. I appreciate all of your help, but you've been acting
    very shady lately about trying to come with this shit and become the
    "Official" backup site. I don't appreciate your actions as of late at all.
    If I was shady, I wouldn't have made a blog and posted an announcement that wtf is back. I wouldn't let you and Glenn have admin rights on the forum. I wouldn't have signed up and pm kstat at pacersdigest.com to tell him that wtf is back again. I wouldn't have installed vbulletin just last week http://www.unclecliffy.com/forums/upload/ and asked you to take a look at it after iamme told me it was better than phpbb. I wouldn't have went ahead and found a chat server we could use for gameday chats. I wouldn't have found a good webhost for you. Sue me because I wanted to make a blog and post some videos/pictures on there. I wouldn't have done this if the site wouldn't have been down 3 months.

Please tell what shady thing I've done to you? The only thing I've ever asked for was to be able to swat posts. I asked one time in the summer and one time last week. I've never asked anything else from you. Unless you feel threatened by a blogI made that 2 people read? All I did was try to help. If you feel that way, then its too bad.

I don't agree. I've only been with WTF since the NBA playoffs earlier this year. Since then, there's been a slight drop off -- only because the Tigers and Lions suck ass. Mainly this is a Pistons site above all else, and the crash before (or right at) the beginning of the 05-06 NBA campaign couldn't have come at a worse time.

The "new" original site has only been up since the 23rd, and already more than 80 members have signed on. Agreed that most of the posts are by less than 20% of the list, but how many forums can boast a "100% contribution rate" of their members? Most would be hard pressed to come up with 50%.

A lot of the old was lost by the crash, but so too was a lot of the troll crap and bullshit (I refrain from naming name... *cough broncos cough*).

Consider this a fresh start. And I really don't mind if a small percentage of the members post, as long as the posts are of respectable quality, guests will read, enjoy, and sign up.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOLA1
    Your WTF back up was tight. After all, this isn't called MOLA1.com.
    This is a site for everyone. Iamme has put in the most work and his site rivals
    detroitpistons.com even.
    this is true. iamme will soon only answer to Mr.D and we shall answer to him.

mark my words, in two years Jon hammond is going down in a firey grave that would scare mephisto himself with only imamme rising from his charcoaled ashes. book it.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUGrizz11PG
    The first sign of a fascist dictatorship is circling the wagons and devouring anybody who may question the regime.

I'm just saying is all.
    i thought the first sign of a facist forum regime was getting your posts changed by moderators and the locking of every thread that goes into dangerous territory? ~coughing~rgm~ahem~... vegas nights are chillier than i expected.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

+ Reply to Thread