View Poll Results: Do you still steal music?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 77.78%
  • No

4 22.22%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Are we still stealing music?

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    I think you only get in trouble if you are the one sharing/distributing the music. Downloading it, while not technically legal, can't get you busted.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

once upon a time i was falling in love, now i'm fucking falling apart
    Quote Originally Posted by RegicideGreg
    How illegal is torrenting and how likely are you to get caught?
    Same as any other P2P, the thing about torrents, is that they MAKE you share, unlike most other P2Ps where you can find a way to turn it off.

For new full albums and movies, my BT client is usually open (all the time).

Quote Originally Posted by vinny
    I think you only get in trouble if you are the one sharing/distributing the music. Downloading it, while not technically legal, can't get you busted.
    Not exactly true. If they manage to catch you (on a cold day in hell), you'll be paying x amount for each copyrighted song you have as well as other things.

-ojay!

For any eMule/eDonkey users, Razorback2 has been taken offline by the Belgian Federal Police.

To be honest I think most music today is shit, so I wouldn't waste 12 bucks or more on a CD to get a song or two. I am not an old fart by any means at 25 and I have a very diverse taste in music so it's not like I don't try to find quality music.

I am not ethically opposed to downloaded or sharing music but I don't anymore because of virsuses and worms that manage to find their way into my system.

I think the biggest problem in the music business today is everybody can get a record deal and it one record and done, there is little staying power. Music is suffering for that. Every executive is willing to go out on a limb for the chance to sign the next big thing. A lot of the "artists" that get record deals today should remain in the local bin at Diserable Discs.

I visit a lot of album sharing blogs, they are good. also, some forums have a lot of good music upped by members. Other than that, if i want to find something i use www.allofmp3.com...one of those russian sites that claim to be legal and from what ive read, is legal. But yeah, i also have a lot of old vinyl...the price you can get on those from a music store is great and theres a store near me with a great selection, ive left there with like 20 vinyls for 15 bucks. But yeah, like anthony said, the huge majority of profit made by artists is from concerts so there not losing out if we download there album online.
    Quiet err, im transmitting rage

+ Reply to Thread