+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Marinelli is the new Lions coach

I don't care who Millen hires....as long as he hires the first guy that walks through the door. And make sure it's a white guy so the organization can get fined again. ukeright:

Apparently our search for HC is already over. Al Saunders will be our new Head Coach.

According to local news in KC, Al hasn't confirmed anything yet and will wait till Sunday. Also Vermeil will anounce his retirement on Sunday.

Stay tuned for more information.

Alright this is what I know so far:

-Vermeil is all set to retire effective Sunday. His family and friends (including wife and grandkids) were at practice for what is supposedly his last practice with the team.

- According to insiders (in KC), another high ranking coach (Al Saunders) will also be gone and will accept the Lions job on Monday. Saunders couldn't confirm the facts due to the tampering clause and won't be able to comment on it until Monday.

- Half the KC coaching staff will run out of their contracts at the end of the season and Saunders might be looking to bring them along with him.

Keep in mind, this could all change if the NFL feels like the Lions were tampering while a coach was under contract with a different team. I wouldn't rule it out considering our idiot GM.

This is fucking bullshit. I hope the NFL fines the Lions 5 million for ignoring minority hiring rules, 10 million for tampering and 25 million for being stupid.

This smells of Millen this past offseason Saunders was pushing Vermeil and the KC GM Karl Peterson to try to get Harrington. However Millen wouldn't bite so this move gives Matt Millen a coach who loves Joey.

Saunders is a nobody, he sucked as head coach of the Chargers from 87-88, he is not the architect of the Superbowl Rams offense like he takes credit for that was Martz.

If he does bring coaches he better bring Gunther Cunningham he is a no nonsense coach who will not take shit from players and isn't affraid to flick off the refs either.

Very interesting news. I'm sure he's probably good coaching material and the Lions will ruin him in due time.

Here's a bio from the Chiefs' web site.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/coach/al_saunders/

Without an offensive line I want to see him work his KC magic.

He has 4 All pro lineman 2 of which are sure fire HOF players if not the best ever at their positions to go from that to Raiola, Backus Maybe, Koiser and Bultler is a whole new ball game.

If this hire is true I hate it. KC wouldn't even consider hiring Saunders they said the players don't respect him and they organization isn't that fond of him.

Quote Originally Posted by JS
    This is fucking bullshit. I hope the NFL fines the Lions 5 million for ignoring minority hiring rules, 10 million for tampering and 25 million for being stupid.
    I think you're letting them off the hook a little too easily. Double each of those amounts and put Millen in jail for a couple months, or whatever else needs to happen for the Fords to fire him. Actually, make the penalties so bad that the only way the Fords can escape paying them is to sell the team, and then the penalties would be erased for the new ownership (as long as it isn't the Ilitch family).

WE NEED BILLY D! (no, not smooth ice cold Colt 45, rather Mr. Davidson)
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Actually the Lions interview Maurice Carthon to be the HC. He is the O-cooridnator of the Browns.

Art
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

Haven't they interviewed him before?

(and what impresses anyone about the Browns offense? - translation: token interview)
    We had subs. It was crazy.

+ Reply to Thread