+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19
FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Thread: Marinelli is the new Lions coach

I'm Varsity chump. You're J.V.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I'm keeping an open mind on Marinelli, although I have to say his press conference gave me a bit of a "John L. Smith" feeling, which is a bit unsettling.
    I got the "we're going to take the names off the back of the jerseys" feeling too.

Quote Originally Posted by H1Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31
    I don't like the hire at all. Millen needed to go out and get some type of a "name" guy to get the fans off of his ass and excited again. But instead he hires someone whose name sounds like a bad bowl of pasta. And did I mention he has 0 head coaching experience? I can honestly say it. I have 0 expectations and I don't care WTF they do.
    It would be fucking dumb to hire a "name" coach just to make the fans happy. Millen did the same mistake with his last 2 hires, so I am glad he didn't do it again.

Are you saying Morninwheg was a "name"? He was as far from a name guy as possible. Mooch was a name, but he turned out to be a joker coach with no discipline. I think Al Saunders (Chiefs' OC) or Singletary would have got the fans excited. I'm glad I don't care about the Lions, or my life would suck.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

I'm really glad that we didn't hire a guy just to make the fans excited.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I do so love a train wreck.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    People love train wrecks.

Are you saying Morninwheg was a "name"? He was as far from a name guy as possible. Mooch was a name, but he turned out to be a joker coach with no discipline.
    Marty wasn't a name guy but the only reason he was hired was because Mooch didnt' want to leave SF at the time. That forced Millen to settle for Marty (who was Mooch's OC at the time). And when Mooch became available, Millen didn't even bother to interview any other candidates. So yeah, they could both qualify as a "name" hiring.

If you agree that Mooch, who was a "name" guy, turned out to be a joker, why would you want to hire another "name" coach?

I think Al Saunders (Chiefs' OC) or Singletary would have got the fans excited. I'm glad I don't care about the Lions, or my life would suck.
    I don't give a shit about the fans being excited with a "name" coach. I would much rather hire a coach that is qualified for the job. And I will guarantee you that the fans will be excited with a no-name coach as long as the team is winning.

+ Reply to Thread