+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Marinelli is the new Lions coach

Blog Entries

Marinelli is the new Lions coach

News about coaching candidates goes here.

------

Not that he was an option, but Pete Carroll just agreed to a new contract extension with USC.
    Find a new slant.

"I don't know that I'm ever not gonna want to play."
    My vote is still for Jim Mora Sr.

If we can't win games (which we certainly can't) then I think we should at least have the most entertaining post game coach in the history of the NFL.

I mean really.....we can't even use any really good excuses for our losses. No flamboyant WR troubles, no love boat cruises, not even a lot of significant injuries this season. What gives? I wonder if we can get Bobby Knight to take an NFL job?

Wow Steve why am I not surprised that a MSU fan would want a horrible head coach to coach the Lions.

Martz is a very good O coordinator, but he hasnt exactly been great as the head man. I think Martz gets too much credit for the St. Louis SB and Vermiel doesnt get enough.

BTW Millen will not rest his future on a certified nut who doesnt command enough respect.

Art
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

Double Wow!

Art....was it really necessary to take a shot at a State fan while debating who the next Lions coach should be?

There should at least be a one day ban on State bashing after your football team got outcoached by Callahan.

Seconded. I think Martz will be the next head coach.

At least he won't run on third and seven.

The D is good enough, and the O has some fantastic, but very much underutilized, weapons. Can you imagine the receiving corps under the guidance of Martz and a decent QB?

Maybe trade the draft pick for Brees. SD will dig that.

Martz + Brees + Williams + Williams + Rodgers = playoffs

I dont think Callahan's coaching had as much to do with the outcome as the replay booth did.

I can take shots at MSU all I want. They deserve it for talking like they are better than Michigan. I mean even in Michigan's down years in football, still better than what MSU can do.

Also, did the layoff affect some of you in your thinking and I am not talking in a good way.

Martz would be a mess in Detroit. He would not instill the disciple this teams and if you think our D is good enough, then you really need to stick with what your moniker was best know for and I am not talkign baseball..

Our D let teams regularly march down the field for the winning td or FG, whichever the other team needed. Outside of Rogers and Bly (BJ, before Jauron), they were are two best players. The LB corp sucks. Holmes is the only worthy player out of that bunch. The CB suck for the most part. DE sucks. Hall is not that good and neither is Redding or Edwards. Davis is about the worst starting OLB in the game. He cannot tackle.

This team needs a major attitude adjustment and Martz is not the person to give it to them. He is a pansy.

Art
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

Quote Originally Posted by dennymclain
    Seconded. I think Martz will be the next head coach.

At least he won't run on third and seven.

The D is good enough, and the O has some fantastic, but very much underutilized, weapons. Can you imagine the receiving corps under the guidance of Martz and a decent QB?

Maybe trade the draft pick for Brees. SD will dig that.

Martz + Brees + Williams + Williams + Rodgers = playoffs
    That also = getting beat by 35 in the first round. And I disgree that it means making the playoffs. St.Louis has had far more developed talent and they aren't in the playoffs.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

No Martz...cat is not a coach. We need a serious disiplinarian/defensive head coach, and a brilliant young offensive mind for O Coordinator. How about Mike Singletary for head coach? Cam Cameron for O Coordinator?

*cough* Jim Mora Sr. *cough*

Actually, I agree. Martz is a clown. He has always had a sharp running game but is still well known for passing 90% of the time. I'm also tired of hearing about him. He has won NOTHING as a head coach. He took a better team to the Superbowl than Tricky Dick did and he STILL got beat by the upstart Pats. All this talk about his big playbook, the "Q" factor and all the other bullshit he spouts makes me think that he's just a big fruitcake that is masquerading as a head coach.

We'd be better off with Dom Capers. Actually....Dom Capers would probably be a good idea.

+ Reply to Thread