+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 26
FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Avatar and Sig help thread, also request a sig/av

I didn't really have any ideas ... well I did, but I couldn't do any of them. This is all I could pull off on my first try.

Any tips on blending the edges of an image into the background. I couldn't really do anything that didn't effect the body of the image as well so I ended up just erasing really closely and hoping it came out.
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    I didn't really have any ideas ... well I did, but I couldn't do any of them. This is all I could pull off on my first try.

Any tips on blending the edges of an image into the background. I couldn't really do anything that didn't effect the body of the image as well so I ended up just erasing really closely and hoping it came out.
    If you're gong to erase, it's best to use a soft brush and not a solid one. This allows some feathering that will help the image blend with the background better. Also, it's best to create a duplicate layer of the area you're going to work on (select with the polygon lasso and Layer>New>Copy). Then make it invisible in the Layers palette. This way, if you don't like your work, instead of going back step after step, just merge that layer with the original layer, and your back to step one.

Also, a trick I like to use is to use the lasso tool to select the foreground elements of an object (in this case, Chauncey's passing hand and the center of the basketball) and create a new layer for that selection. Then, I use the sharpen filter, then a soft brush erase around it's edges. This makes the image pop out a little, kind of a poor man's 3D, with the closest elements to your eyes being sharper than the rest. Take it one step further: blur Chaunceys right arm slightly, since it's the furthest element from your eyes.

BTW, it's a really nice sig.
    Last edited by DennyMcLain; 05-01-2006 at 03:05 AM.

You know, I actually tried doing something similar to lassoing the foreground only I went the other way and tried to blur some of the minor elements of Billups (like you mentioned about his right arm), basically I tried to get his lower torso to have a watery effect while keeping his upper half crisp. That's actually how part of his jersey got underneath the stripe. Though I'm not sure if I was going for some sort of coming out of the water thing or what (I guess I'll wait till I have a better handle on the program before I actually start going after concepts).

Thanks for the tips DM.
    STEW BEEF!

My first animation.

Last edited by Fool; 05-09-2006 at 10:15 PM.
    STEW BEEF!

Roflmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

You Get A "standing O" For That.

Fool is the shit.

That is all.
    -Mola

Can anyone re-size this image of my wifey so I can get it into my sig?

Can someone make me a sig or avy with this pic?
    Or at least of Sheed and his face?

+ Reply to Thread