+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: MP3 Players

MP3 Players

anyone have one and want to give me their thoughts on them?

My wife's brother recently got one and I listened to it on christmas eve. It sounds amazing for a portable device. it also seemed pretty easy to use, and of course is very small.

I've been trying to read about Ipods vs other manufacturers and it seems like Ipod really is the way to go. you can hold more, they sounds great, and you have lots of add ons you can get. Only trouble is they are sold out, which makes it hard to shop and compare them.

I have over 6 GB of songs I downloaded in college (prior to them being announced as illegal), so it would be nice to make use of those outside of burning a CD or listening to them on my PC.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I don't know about a Nano-- I wouldn't get one. I have an iPod Shuffle - of course it doesn't hold many songs, but the Nano would be way too small for me. If I were you, I'd look into other options, such as the Creative Zen Micro. It's been getting great reviews and is pretty affordable compared to Apple's stuff.

well, I don't need a huge amount of storage. My goal is not to use it as a total media storage. I don't see the point in having 30 GB of songs on there if you only listen to %10 of them most of the time.

I do want to check out other comparable options though, thanks.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    I've heard nothing but bad things from I-Pod owners. I owned one myself for a short time and it was unreliable (ie, software seemed to "crash" occasionally). I sold it not long after I got it and am thinking about the Creative Labs models.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

I own a 15GB iPod full size, the model before the click wheel. The software problems are now non-existant, as is the problem with the battery life. Both were solved with software and firmware updates (when you hook it up to iTunes, it can automatically search for updates and load them in, similar to how it finds new songs on you playlist and updates.

I've had mine for two years, no problems. Creative makes good product, but the third party support is not there, and it is less intuitive to operate than the iPod.

If you dig iPod's, but don't want to spend the money, you can try any AppleStore and see if they have and "refreshed" or "refurbished" iPods. Usually they sell $50 less (or more) than the new ones, and have been checked for problems.

I personally don't like the iPod's that much. It's relatively more expensive compared to other brands when you look at the price for GB and you don't really get anything different from what the other players offer.

I would look into Creative Zen Micro (as someone suggested). I would also look into products from iRiver too.

Nano is too fragile. Damn if you drop it once, it looks like it would break,

My friend has an ipod video. Looks cool and can hold videos of women naked

I've been reading a lot of great stuff on the Zen Micro, except that it sounds like a lot of people are having troubles with the headphone jack. They have a fix that someone came up with, but it does worry me. I think I would definately buy that one if it wasn't for that. As it stands, I still might.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    i-pod isnt variated enough to justifying spending all that money on it. but thats just for me.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

My girl got me the 60GB Video Ipod. It's fucking awesome.

+ Reply to Thread