+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: XM Radio

Blog Entries

XM Radio

My wife bought me an XM unit for my car for Xmas.

I haven't installed it yet, probably will tonight.

I don't know anything about this stuff, anybody want to tell me what I have to look forward to?
    Find a new slant.

Take it back and get Sirius.

Because I know nothing about XM.

My girlfriend got me XM for my birthday, and I'm not sure that's it's worth the 15 bucks a month. There are still commercials (even though they say there's not) and the choice in music isn't even that good. I live off of the comedy channel. That's really the only thing I listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

XM is pretty cool. I prefer Siruis (that's what I've got).

I like Siruis because they have some old MTV VJ's and ex-KROQ DJs on some of their channels, whereas XM goes for the celebs like SnoopDog. But, XM has Opie and Anthony, so that's a plus.

XM owns the rights to MLB, and Sirius the NFL, NBA, and NHL.

Yeah...take it back and get sirius. It is a lot better. The only PLUS to XM that I have seen is that they have Fox Sports Radio...but that is it.

Blog Entries
    I installed it last night, it was pretty cool listening to Black Sabbath, Operation Ivy and Bad Religion on the way to work this morning.

Sporting News Radio and ESPN radio are nice too.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I installed it last night, it was pretty cool listening to Black Sabbath, Operation Ivy and Bad Religion on the way to work this morning.

Sporting News Radio and ESPN radio are nice too.
    Don't you mean Captain and Tenille, ABBA, and Gary Wright?

Blog Entries
    I'm digging this thing.

My presets:

Comedy channel
    Fungus
    ESPN Radio
    ESPNEWS
    Air America
    Fox Sports Radio
    Sporting News Radio
    The 60's
    The 70's

I've also been digging Opie & Anthony, I'd heard of them but had never heard them before.

It's pretty nice.
    Find a new slant.

Re: XM Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    My wife bought me an XM unit for my car for Xmas.
    Mine got me a ChristM unit for Christmas.

kinda sucks - only one channel.

I know an awful lot about both Sirius and Xm Radio. my wife works advertising for XM radio and we both have been some of the first to have the technology.

I am bias to my liking for XM, due to the fact that they help us pay the bills. That said let me give you a very brief run down of the 2 technologies. I have a lunch appt here soon so I can post more later.

Sirius's goal has been to build their base through content where XM has been through superior technolgy. Some could argue that Sirius has bigger name stars and that may be true but it really depends on what you listen to.

There is no doubt that XM has superior technology and will continue to dominant this area due to where the 2 companies invest time, money and resources.

Sirius was close to being run out of town until Mel Karmazin of CBS/Viacom fame took the helm. XM still has quite a substantial lead over Sirius for subscribers 5 mil vs 2mil.

Sirius may appeal to a younger crowd where XM seems to appeal to an over 40 crowd.

For Sports: I would give edge to Sirius

Sirius has: NFL, NBA, NHL, Some NCAAA, English Soccer

XM has: MLB, Some NCAA, PGA, Tennis, NHL.

Talk:

Sirius has Howard Stern and Martha XM has Opie and Anthony (who I think are better than Howard) and Ellen Degenres.

More later. Which unit did you buy? I would opt for the SkyFi 2 unit that can be hooked up through FM modulation personally.

+ Reply to Thread