+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Michigan vs Neb.

My cable crapped out so I have to check the game out on radio. Might be a blessing in disguise because this game fucking sucks.

Well Michigan is doing a lot of different things on D, as in blitzing a lot more. One long TD pass, but Neb got lucky that the fumble wasnt called.

Michigan is horrible on O. Thankfully they had the short field. They are not trying to run the ball hardly at all.

This is the worst safety play by the Wolverines all year. Both TD direct results of bad plays by Harrison and Adams.

Art
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

Wow what a game. I'm on the edge of my seat.

Let me make one thing perfectly clear first, Nebraska often outplayed Michigan tonight. Ok, now that we have that out of the way, we have to talk officiating. Tre, I know you'll make an appearance here. I know you watched this game and there is no way you can consider this your "typical Michigan fan whining". I know you say a team should never put themselves in this position, but come on. Multiple blown fumble calls. You watched the last play to Manningham and can't possibly deny the blatant pass interference. The refs decided this game. It had very little at all to do with the players. Michigan was without a chance at the end to stop the clock because, as Mike Tirico rightly said, "they had to burn two because of the incompetence of the replay official".
    Bottom line - you have a bowl game between two storied programs and you send in JV refs. The fucking Sunbelt conference? Are you fucking kidding me? North Texas should be offended by these officials.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

I just want to say that Nebraska did not outplay Michigan tonight. It was too very evenly matched teams, but the refs decided to help one team more than the other.

Saying that, this was the worst officiated game I have ever seen in my life. I dont care about the nonreview of the fumble in the 1st quarter, or the fact that Michigan lost 2 timeouts because they had to waste them to get stuffed reviewed or the fact that Nebraska was able to save a TO by getting their INT reviewed without wasting one. I am not even mad about the end of the game. I am PISSED off about the non PI against Mario at the goal line.

I loved the attacking D that Michigan played tonight. If the safeties hadnt played their worst game of the year, we would have won calls notwithstanding.

Art
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

It shouldn't have come down to it, but if Tyler Ecker just gave the ball to Stevie B instead trying to be a hero we still would have won. I knew as soon as he grabbed the ball he had Cookie Jar Syndrome and was going for it. Most disappointing season for me in about a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    WTF WAS THAT?
    Don't be jealous or anything...

Michigan fans, don't get suicidal on me. Here is why I'm not ticked off at all about the loss.

*There is a possibility for some change at Michigan. I know it probably won't happen, but there is a chance. It's clearly obvious that Lloyd Carr and his staff are not getting the most out of the upper echelon talent that Michigan has. I'm sure everyone will stay, but maybe we will see some changes at the coodinator posistions and (fingers crossed) maybe even LLLLoyd Carr will decide to hang up his whistle.

*Defensive coordinator Jim Hermann's gameplan was very aggressive. The blitzing and pressure on Taylor was great all night long. The only thing was that our young safeties, Jamar Adams and Brandon Harrison were EXPOSED! Let's hope we keep this aggressive attitude going into next year.

*The young talented players were on the field. Alot of utilization of Antonio Bass and Mario Manningham on offense, and plenty of Tim Jamison and Shawn Crable on defense. All of these playas impressed BIG TIME! Did you see Bass's one handed catch? Sick! :thumbright:

*It was the worst officiated game I have ever seen in my life, ask Mike Tirico. Michigan had to use 2 timeouts just to get plays reviewed, 2 incorrect calls on fumbles (first quarter fumble by Ross and Henne's fumble), pass interference on Manningham, and Nebraska having 68 players on the field during the last play) UGH! Sickening! ukeright:

*Also, if you win the Alamo Bowl, who freaking cares?

In conclusion, it was a whack game that was horribly officiated, we saw some good things from some talented young cats in an aggressive gameplan and the end result could possibly be a major change at Michigan. Not a bad thing at all if you ask me.

Now, it's on to basketball season, check my sig! Petway is back!

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

+ Reply to Thread