Closed Thread
Page 1 of 44
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Recruiting....

Football Recruiting....

Does anyone know if Michigan actually has a chance on Jai Eugene or Jonas Mouton? It seems like they both really like Michigan however USC is also a strong possibility for both.

Mouton is a strong possibility as a lot of people believe it's down to USC and UM and USC already has 2 very highly ranked safeties, and are still in it for another. If you look strictly at depth charts, UM should win this battle, but Mouton is supposedly enamored with SC anyways, so I would put the chances at getting him at 50%. Eugene is tougher as he told a lot of people how great his visit was, better than most of his others. The thing with Eugene is he has a kid and will probably stay close to home wtih his child. If the kid was out of the picture, Eugene might be at 75%, but with the situation as is, I'd say 20%.

Quote Originally Posted by PolishSausage
    Mouton is a strong possibility as a lot of people believe it's down to USC and UM and USC already has 2 very highly ranked safeties, and are still in it for another. If you look strictly at depth charts, UM should win this battle, but Mouton is supposedly enamored with SC anyways, so I would put the chances at getting him at 50%. Eugene is tougher as he told a lot of people how great his visit was, better than most of his others. The thing with Eugene is he has a kid and will probably stay close to home wtih his child. If the kid was out of the picture, Eugene might be at 75%, but with the situation as is, I'd say 20%.
    Same shit that I have been hearing. That damn child. I wish someone would put a hit out on that SOB! lol jk. I really like what Jai could bring to the table. Ahh well..hopefully the michigan boosters will take care of the kid for him lol

I am hearing that Jonas is a strong possibility and could announce at the Army ASG.

Petey told Jai that if he came to California, they would make sure the kid was taken care of if he came too.

I say we are 60/40 to get Mouton USC non withstanding.

Below 50% and running 3rd with Jai.

Schilling the OG from Washington is a strong possibility. He didnt go to his USC visit and that has us in very good shape.

Sam Young (our most important recruit) a huge T, ranked #1 is looking strongly at ND right now, but if OSU spanks ND, then we could pull it out. One of my boards has a personal friend of Sam Youngs and while he doesnt ask Sam straight up, he thinks UM has a legit shot at Sam.

Michigan also in on a couple of sleepers from Michigan in Gant from OLSM and Woods from Saginaw. This Woods kid didnt ply soph or junior years and so know one knew about him but he had like 80 tackles and 18 tackles for loss a the DE position and is like 6'7" and runs very well.

Thad Gibson at 4-5* LB is also a strong possibility for UM.

It looks like Slocum might not make it into Michigan int the fall if ever. He needs to take the ACT and SATs again. There was hope he could be a january enrollee, but it looks like that is not happening.

The word on Slocum is a mean nasty kid with a chip on his shoulder. Has the skill of a Gabe Watson, but the attitude of a DT of Alan Branch. If Slocum makes it in by fall, Slocum and Branch will be the two best DT we have had since well just about ever, they are in the mold of FSU and Miami DT, who get after it and not just plug up holes.

Art
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

Anybody else impressed/surprised at the job that Charlie Weiss is doing for the Domers? That guy is tearing it up and it sure as hell didn't take him long.

They beat no one. They had a nice season, but when your best win is against a 4 loss Michigan team how can it really be that good?

While ESPN is sucking on the knob of USC, they got their right hand massaging the prostate of ND.

Also they lowered the standard for players to get into ND, as it was when Holtz was the head coach.

BTW does anyone else find it ironic that ESPN hired Holtz who has been caught cheating at 3 different universities, but yet he still gets all this credit for being a good coach.

Weis was on ESPN more than Chris Berman was the last 8 months, which has a huge impact on things.

ND was not a top 10 team this year. They lost to MSU for crying out loud.

Art

I was talking about Notre Dame's recruiting, not their season.

That team this year is way overrated.

Very important for Michigan to keep the OLSM pipeline running strong. They'll need it for 2 juniors - one basketball star Kalin Lucas, but the other is super-stud DB Dionte Allen. Kid can flat-out play and we'll be in serious need of corners for that class. Getting him and Ronald Johnson would be amazing!
    We had subs. It was crazy.

As stated Allen is as close to a lock as you can have. When he talks about things, he is talking as if he is a Wolverine already. Like when he talks about getting Lucas and Gant to come to Michigan with him.

BTW got a report that Sears is now 6'2" and 200 pounds and looks like CW on and off the field. He is going to be a good one.

Art

Some rumblings -

Ohio State is making a strong push for Gant and having some success.

Jai Eugene narrowed his list to 4, dropping Tennessee and USC. That's huge for Michigan. The remaining competition is LSU, in his home state but he hasn't had an official visit scheduled - and both Florida and Miami, which he has visits scheduled late in January.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Closed Thread