+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: XBox 360, by a novice.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    i'm still cool til ps3. i have no problem working this psp gadget in my free time.

otherwise ps2 is good enough until ps3.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

I own an old Nintendo and play RBI Baseball, Techmo Bowl, Contra, and Mike Tyson's Punchout.

I've never felt the need to upgrade.

once upon a time i was falling in love, now i'm fucking falling apart
    Eh, I'm not one for console games at all.

Last consoles I got were Dreamcast and a PSOne (the small one).

I'm more of a PC gamer, shit like Half-Life 2 and the rest of the Valve games. Graphics and realism always top notch with the right hardware, and just looking at the 360 it's pretty much "Yawn, graphics so last year".

But for a console, it does look nice. My bet's on PS3 to take over for the next generation console though, with the 360 right behind and then Nintendo's next stupid thing dead last (ever since N64 Nintendo went downhill).

-ojay!

I haven't actually played an xbox 360. It looks like nice but I just can't justify spending $400 for a system and $60 for games. I'll stick to my solitare.

Quote Originally Posted by realistic
    I own an old Nintendo and play RBI Baseball, Techmo Bowl, Contra, and Mike Tyson's Punchout.

I've never felt the need to upgrade.
    Are you sure you play Techmo Bowl? Or do you mean Tecmo Bowl? I hate to be the spelling police but you can't disgrace the greatest football video game of all time like that.

Also, I'm lucky enough to have a 360 and I posted my full review of it so far in the Off-Topic forum. Check it out.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Just kickin' back on the seven seas of smoothness.
    Quote Originally Posted by koolaid
    here's the thing about the x-box 360, from what i understand it's pretty much no different from an x-box what so ever. unless you have a high definition television.

think about the amazing detail. to be able to read the warning on the back of a football helmet you are going to need hi def, the resolution on a typical television is not detailed enough to display 360's graphics as well.

When you go to these stores and they have the 360 on display, they display it hi-def.

In all seriousness i'm not that impressed with what i saw of a 360 console (or the new playstations for that matter). Look back at the jump between the nintendo and the super nintendo, or nintendo 64 to X-Box. This is the least technological advancement i've seen in a console.
    Alright, I own an XBOX 360 and here's what i think.

No, there isn't a big jump from the graphics like how it was with Nintendo to Super Nintendo. But graphics can only get so good and what we are starting to see now is the level of detail that's presented.

I gotta tell you, NBA 2K6 360 looks GREAT on a regular TV. The fact that you can see the sweat glistening off the players as the game goes on and then you start to see sweat soaked jerseys on the players and what not.

That's the kind of upgrades that we are going to see. But I will also say that i popped in College Hoops 2K6 for the regular XBOX last night, and i thought those graphics were pretty sweet....until i got my 360.

The 360 is a nice piece of hardware. The contruction of it is great and XBOX Live is an awesome online service.

I am totally happy that i got a 360.

Madden, on the other hand...not so good. I own it and i have been tolerating it only because it's something different. The ball physics are off and it's very stripped down, but EA absolutely HAD to rewrite that game from the ground up and i'm gonna assume that Microsoft was really pushing them to have some games ready at launch.

Yeah, I heard Madden wasnt nothing to get excited about. I'm probably not going to get one until I know i have an HDTV. Dosnt seem worth it, if you dont have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    Yeah, I heard Madden wasnt nothing to get excited about. I'm probably not going to get one until I know i have an HDTV. Dosnt seem worth it, if you dont have it.
    I don't have an HDTV and NBA 2K6 still looks sweet as hell.

I thought the graphics for College Hoops 2K6 were tight for the regular XBOX, and NBA 2K6 for the 360 blows them away. Heck, I've seen pics of CH2K6 for the 360 and those look just as sweet for the 360.

I wouldn't let not having an HDTV hold you back. seriously.

They didn't make a lot of upgrades to Madden. They just kinda moved around bunch of options, added a couple new features (new play calling screen), removes a couple old features (challenges) and they shipped it out. Lamest new game release ever.

Quote Originally Posted by H1Man
    They didn't make a lot of upgrades to Madden. They just kinda moved around bunch of options, added a couple new features (new play calling screen), removes a couple old features (challenges) and they shipped it out. Lamest new game release ever.
    Madden is a completely different game than it is on the current gen, but it's not even close to being complete. I think MS was probably sticking the screws to EA because they knew they needed Madden to be available when the 360 launched. The game is obviously not 100%.

Regardless, NBA 2K6 on the 360 is probably the best basketball game made.

+ Reply to Thread