+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 95
FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoops recruiting/HS basketball

Roe - MSU - Official!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark Dantonio - MSU Head Coach

http://www.freerice.com

LAKEWOOD, Ohio – Delvon Roe made public just a few moments ago what Michigan State basketball fans have been hoping for since last summer – that he will sign with the Spartans and play college basketball for Tom Izzo in East Lansing.

Legion = Kentucky

ITS OFFICIAL!

Quote Originally Posted by theMUHMEshow
    Legion = Kentucky

ITS OFFICIAL!
    Sweet! I feel it.

Just a question here. It relates to the situation at Michigan but I'm curious about it as an overall thing.
    Michigan has open scholarships because someone was released from their LOI.
    John Flowers, who signed an LOI with West Virginia was wavering a bit, liked Michigan before the switch, likes Beilein, and was said to be thinking about following Beilein now.
    Can Beilein talk to him?
    What are the rules with that?
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Jethro:
    I don't know if there ARE rules governing that. I would think that once a kid has signed with someone, recruiting him is off limits, but I'm sure alot of coaches still have contact with a kid who signs elsewhere because of the relationship they've built. There has got to be some sort of "gentlemen" rules, though. Unwritten agreemenst that coaches won't call on a kid who goes elsewhere (even if things go poorly for the kid).
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

The interesting thing is I'm sure Huggins would be more than happy to let Flowers go because he may think opening up scholarships can net him some greater talent than Flowers, unless he likes the kid.

Word on Flowers is he's a 3 star but played well in a few tourneys. It doesn't seem like he necessarily does anything incredibly well. A bit of a mid-range jumper guy, but no mention of quickness, range, toughness, etc. A short Courtney Sims that doesn't block shots? Yikes. And yet there was enough of a mutual sell the first time around with Beilein. Maybe Beilein thinks the Block M can simply generate better recruits than Flowers and he's not AS sold on him as he was at WVU. Either way, I'm interesting to see how/if he uses either of these two scholarships left this year.

So does UofM have two kids coming in now? Grady and Manny? Can a Michigan fan knock out what their roster will look like for next year? I'm trying to put the freshmen in place and get an overview of what their roster will look like under Beilien, but I'm sure I'm forgetting some guys.

I'll do that for you Tre, but I'll put it in the Michigan basketball thread.

Sweet, I feel it!

Great quote Tre...sounds like your chances to not make a bowl game again...

+ Reply to Thread