+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 95
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoops recruiting/HS basketball

Smith needs to lose 15-20 pounds if he ever wants to be a decent PG.

2007 is loaded in Michigan. I have been hearing about this Harris kid from Redford. I dont lose too much sleep over players who are 2 years out from even finishing high school.

I doubt Lucas signs with anyone until the season is over.

Everytihing for Michigan depends on making the dance, anything less means that UM is going to have some problems going forward.

Art
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

I agree with the Lucas situation, MSU might be in the lead right now, but this guy won't even be on campus until 2007 so a lot can happen in this time. Like for example, MSU takes commit from another combo guard type from out of state...

Quote Originally Posted by PolishSausage
    I agree with the Lucas situation, MSU might be in the lead right now, but this guy won't even be on campus until 2007 so a lot can happen in this time. Like for example, MSU takes commit from another combo guard type from out of state...
    There's no "for example" about it...MSU WILL take another guard in the 2007 class. Out of Tucker, Allen and Summers...no one's beating around any bush; Michigan State wants two out of those three...on top of getting Lucas.

They still played asshole hardball with him when he wanted to transfer. Telling him that they weren't going to release him from his LOI and would make him forego a full year of his eligibility if he indeed transfered. He didn't want to stay but they essentially forced him to

That shit just ain't cool and "player un-friendly" crap like that gets around quick.

And for a lesson in how a program should act in that situation, just look at how Michigan State handled Cotton's transfer. That came out of nowhere and straight up fucked MSU's backcourt situation. They could've easily and justifiably played hardball with him but Izzo made things as easy as possible for him by immediately and completely releasing him from his letter.

It makes no sense to burn any bridges. Especially ones that lead you to such a furtile (albeit difficult) recruiting area like Detroit. Izzo knew that fact...Tubby obviously didn't.
    Don't have time and I'm not ready to debate yet. But, this was a great post and totally true. Ask Jethro what kind of guy Izzo is. I think it's even clear as day to him now that Izzo is a classy great guy (nothing to do with bball) and his program reflects what type of guy he is. Go ahead Jethro...tell em your experience.

Re: Hoops recruiting/HS basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    Ok, check this out.
    Last night there was a tournament in Saginaw with three games. I went with Mood, Tre and Tre's future brother-in-law to the games. Several college coaches were in attendance - mostly assistants but of course Izzo was in the house. Yeah, I was in full U-M garb and walked by him to sit down (sat 2 rows behind him) and he reaches out and shakes my hand. I later told him he needed to let Michigan get Kalin Lucas.
    That was how I started this thread Tre. Yeah, all my experience with him so far has been positive, but he's not a very good judge of character. He obviously doesn't realize I'll do anything in my power to take down his program. If I was rich, I would go around giving recruits a ton of money and telling them it was from State.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

What the hell is up with Amaker's recruiting Jethro? Does he not see the gapping holes?

What's UM's frontcourt rotation going to look like next year?

Power Forward- Petway, D.Sims, Price?!
    Center- C.Sims, Ba?!

And what about the year after that when Courtney, Amadou and Brent all graduate? :shock:

And can K'Len Morris play any point? I've heard that he might be able to which would be a huge help for the TA and his merry men in maise.

And I thought MSU was going to have some issues next year with depth up and down their rotation but after looking at Michigan's upcoming situation, I don't feel as bad anymore...though I'm still apprehensive about it.

Amaker is talking to some "sleepers" with size. What does that mean? It means he couldn't attract anyone you've ever heard of taller than 6'7", so he's going for some 3 star and lower guys just to get some bodies. It seems like it's getting harder to find big men. They thought they had a 7 footer in Herzog, but he went to State where he'll never get any playing time. Interesting, since he could have been a 3 or 4 year starter at Michigan.

Someone wanted to know what BIGS Michigan was after.

Paul Crosby - Holt HS (Holt, MI) - 6-7

High School Position: 4,5
    College Position: 4

Keenan Ellis - North College Hill HS (Cincinnati, OH) - 6-10

High school Position: 4,5
    College Position: 4,5

James Hickson - Wheeler HS (Marietta, GA) - 6-8

High school Position: 4

JaJuan Johnson - Franklin Central HS (Indianapolis, IN) - 6-10

Kosta Koufos - Glenoak HS (Canton, OH) - 7-0

Dallas Lauderdale - Solon HS (Solon, OH) - 6-9

Scott Martin - Valparaiso HS (Valaparaiso, Indiana) - 6-8

Trevor Mbakwe - Henry Sibley HS (Mendota Heights, MN) - 6-8

Gary McGhee - Highland Senior HS (Anderson, IN) - 6-10

Devin Searcy - Romulus HS (Romulus, MI) - 6-9

High School Position: 4, 5.
    College Position: 4, 5

Josh Southern - Saginaw HS (Saginaw, MI) - 6’8

High School position: 4, 5
    College position: 4, 5

Alex Tyus - Harmony Christian (Cincinnati, OH) - 6-8

High school Position: 3,4
    College Position: 3,4

Julian Vaughn - South Lakes HS (Reston, VA) - 6-9

I got the names off the premium site at Scout.com from Bluesam. I took out all the analysis of the players, since I dont want to get anyone in trouble and since we dont have a secret place anymore to share..

Art

At some point we'll have to detail how the guys are rated and what chances Michigan has. Some better than others, of course. A lot of that is avialable for free, if it's up to date. I just got a subscription to The Wolverine (rivals newspaper) for Christmas. I'll paraphrase anything I get in that when it starts coming.

Jethro, did you ever get that free issue that I sent you? I was talking to Jessica about it awhile back, and she told me to hook you up.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

+ Reply to Thread